vstacks's Content

There have been 20 items by vstacks (Search limited from 31-October 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#4254 My first Soholaunch Site

Posted by vstacks on 18 March 2006 - 04:09 PM in Soholaunch-created websites

Love your template! Just one thing I want to point out is the misspelling of the word overhaul on your Client page. Other than that, it's very nice! :rolleyes:

Vickie Stacks
NC, USA

www.mostwatchedauctions.com

#4135 Trying my hand at Custom Built Templates!

Posted by vstacks on 08 March 2006 - 02:40 PM in Soholaunch-created websites

And such cute animal pics too. Very clean and easy to navigate.

#4109 Log-In Problems

Posted by vstacks on 07 March 2006 - 01:07 PM in How do I do this?

I finally gave up yesterday, which is sometimes best when frustration takes over. Everything is fine again today.

It could be something to do with your host. I had a similar problem but kept getting the 'page cannot be displayed' screen. It appeared i was being blocked from the server by a third firewall. Although where the 2 other firewalls were i don't know as i only have 1??? I'd wait for a response from your host first as they probably only have to do something really simple to fix it! HTH

#4093 Best Cost Effective Hosting with Soholaunch

Posted by vstacks on 06 March 2006 - 10:26 PM in Ask questions before buying

I have been with BlueVoda for almost a year and I think they have excellent customer service and offer reasonable hosting rates.

I am looking for a few recommendations on hosting companies that offer soholaunch as part of their standard package. Can anyone recommend one?

Thanks,
Christian

#4092 Log-In Problems

Posted by vstacks on 06 March 2006 - 10:24 PM in How do I do this?

Is anyone else having problems loggin in to the sohoadmin page? Since about 3:30 EST, USA, every time I try to log in, I get my session has expired, please close this window and re log-in. I have been trying to get in to edit my site and am having no luck. I tried closing and reopening my browser, restarting my computer, I cleared my cookies, temp files, history, even temporarily suspended my firewall. Nothing helps. Have written my host, but am awaiting a response.

#4026 How do I add clickable images to pages?

Posted by vstacks on 02 March 2006 - 02:25 PM in How do I do this?

I'm sorry I can't answer this one about the pixel size.

I have been trying to figure out how to add my host affiliate's (BlueVoda) banners. The thing is they have an html code to copy and paste for the banner. But that does not work for me in the text editor, it shows the code instead of the banner when it's previewed. I can't upload a custom code for it because I don't know how to save an html code. I have tried saving as a web page and uploaded, but it just shows a red x instead of a banner. Please post whatever solutions you find for us newbies! Thanks.

OK Thanks for the description. I can handle that process. But, I just thought of another question that I didn't state in the original post.

I am going to use images supplied by vendors as I am an affiliate marketer.

So, what about the pixel size requirement for images 204X106- does this apply?

Or, is that just referring to a static unclickable images to display on a contenttext page?

The vendor has graphics they supply, banners, yext banners, ebook covers etc. and I am going to make them clickable.

Do I need to do something to conform to the 204X106 requirement for all of these?

Thanks again :)
lawed

#4020 Made my Grand Opening Deadline!

Posted by vstacks on 02 March 2006 - 04:58 AM in Soholaunch-created websites

I'm so happy to announce that I got my site running by my March 1st deadline! Thanks Joe for all your help. The more I use Soho and get used to it, the more I like, no love it!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for continued learning and success.

I learned how to install Java Applets today!

http://www.mostwatchedauctions.com

#4019 Site Completed

Posted by vstacks on 02 March 2006 - 04:54 AM in Soholaunch-created websites

very nice!

#4018 How do I add clickable images to pages?

Posted by vstacks on 02 March 2006 - 04:53 AM in How do I do this?

Here's how I do it:
First I upload my image, insert it into text editor, click on image, click on link icon, either choose a page, or type in a url or email.

Hope this helps.

How do I add a clickable image to a page?

Do I set up the redirect before I uplaod or do i do that in SoholaunchPro after an image is uploaded?

Thanks
lawed

#4017 New features in Advanced Text Editor

Posted by vstacks on 02 March 2006 - 04:50 AM in Custom code and graphics help

I'm not sure I understand your question. I have used the basic forms such as a contact form, one to submit an ad, a vote form, etc. But it was just simple stuff. I created the forms first, then inserted them via text editor. No problems, everything works great. I guess I just don't understand about the database?

Ahh...the marquee wasn't working in the version I had. New version it's working. I still don't get the form stuff. How do you associated it with databases. Most of the features are for user input but I can't see where you establish what database the entry goes into.

#3997 New Problem

Posted by vstacks on 28 February 2006 - 02:33 PM in How do I do this?

Thanks Joe for clearing this issue up for me! I am happy to get back to work!

The problem was I had the text inside the editor linking to another page. I was clicking on the text to open the box and the link opened instead. Duh!

#3993 New Problem

Posted by vstacks on 27 February 2006 - 10:27 PM in How do I do this?

This just started happening a few minutes ago. I am trying to edit my Homepage once again and it opens fine. The problem starts when I click on one of the modules where I have a text editor field which I am trying to edit. When Click on the text editor it pops up the little window asking me whether I want the Basic or Advanced. This just started happening I had already set up for the advanced editor. Once I click on advance, I am automatically routed to another page as if I am viewing the page. I have closed and restarted my browser several times, but the same thing is happening. Any clues, suggestions, help, comments? This makes me really nervous as I am planning a March 1 Grand Opening with this site.

#3991 New features in Advanced Text Editor

Posted by vstacks on 27 February 2006 - 07:21 PM in Custom code and graphics help

I tried the marquee. Once I clicked on the marquee icon, a text area showed up. I double clicked on that area and typed in some text. When I clicked on preview, it was scrolling across the page. I haven't tried the form feature. I did try the table feature also and played around with it some. It took me a while to figure out that I could right click on it and change some properties and that if I clicked on it I could change its size by dragging it.

#3990 Cannot Edit Home Page

Posted by vstacks on 27 February 2006 - 07:15 PM in How do I do this?

Sorry to hear that tg313. It does really suck. Luckily I had just started my site and didn't lose much. Since I have reinstalled the Soholaunch Pro from Fantastico and started over, I have had no problems (fingers crossed). I am able to edit the home page once again! This time I am backing up once I'm thru for the day and downloading to my hard drive. If it happens again, hopefully I won't lose anything. What worries me if it happens once the site is up and running and I have customers with ads running. Let's just hope this bug is fixed soon.

I to have the same problem. I am unable to edit my home page. I can edit any other pages. I guess vstacks, that I will have to do the same as you and contact blue voda and start all over. Man that really sucks big time as I and my family and friends really like my site!!!

#3976 Can an image be linked?

Posted by vstacks on 26 February 2006 - 03:17 PM in How do I do this?

Very helpful.

#3972 Can an image be linked?

Posted by vstacks on 26 February 2006 - 02:10 AM in How do I do this?

Is there any way to have a image clickable with a link to another page? :confused:

#3971 Cannot Edit Home Page

Posted by vstacks on 26 February 2006 - 02:08 AM in How do I do this?

After receiving no help or advice here, I asked BlueVoda host to reset my account and I started over from scratch. I hope it doesn't happen again. Boy am I tired. :mad:

#3950 Cannot Edit Home Page

Posted by vstacks on 23 February 2006 - 03:32 PM in How do I do this?

I installed Soholaunch on 2/20/06 thru Fantastico. I started with the Quickstart Wizard and have been creating and editing pages just fine until yesterday. Now I can no longer edit my Home Page. When I open it, I do not get the green Save Page or Save Page As buttons, Preview Page, Page Properties, or Upload Buttons.

All I get is Edit Pages, View Website, Webmaster, Main Menu, Log Out options. The page is there with the grid lines and the items I have added which I need to edit, but I have no way to edit them.

On the Edit Page(s) menu where it shows all the pages I have created, the Home Page Delete Button is inacessible. I was going to delete it and create a new one, but I can't do that either.

Please HELP, I have searched the forum and cannot find this question or an answer. :(

#3944 How to add flash banner?

Posted by vstacks on 23 February 2006 - 03:20 AM in Archive: Old Forum Topics

Thank you for your help. I would love to try this, but now my home page which is where I wanted to install the flash banner, will not allow me to edit. When I click on create/edit pages it takes me to the window to choose which page to edit. I can click on the edit button and it opens my page, but the green save button is not there, nor the preview button. And when I delete or add content to any of the fields, I am not allowed to save it, so I have no way to change anything. Please help.

#3936 How to add flash banner?

Posted by vstacks on 21 February 2006 - 10:02 PM in Archive: Old Forum Topics

How do I add a flash banner to web page?

I created a flash banner at Free Logo Maker which required me to save the image file to a folder on my hard drive. I uploaded that file to my image file, no problem.

There is also an embedded html code that is required for the flash to work.

How do I get that from the website to my web page? Do I save it to a file on my hard drive also and upload it? If so, what program do I use. I tried saving it to Notepad, but it would only let me save it as text file.

Then, where do I upload it to? And how do I put it on my page?

Thanks for any simple to understand step by step instructions. I am a newbie.