Jump to content


rw

Member Since 20 Jan 2008
Offline Last Active Nov 05 2018 10:55 PM
-----

Topics I've Started

Weird malfunctions stuffing up my websites

05 November 2018 - 10:52 PM

I bought a very expensive 10-site Soholaunch several yeats ago and I'm running sites on Crazy Domain.

 

I keep seeing weird characters like a capital A with an inverted V over it appearing randomly all over my pages. I go in and remove them all and they reappear. Sometimes they are not visible in editing mode, but only show on the published site - making it hard to remove them.

 

I also cannot get a selection list to appear when inserting a link or image. I have to type the entire address manually. And some linked documents don't appear. The site incorrectly says the user does not have permission to access them. 

 

The Crazy Domains technical staff say I need to upgrade to Ultra as the version I am using is old. I simply cannot afford a whopping $30 USD per month per site, and I don't consider I should have to when I've paid for a lifetime license in good faith.

 

Anyone got any ideas how I can remedy these very annoying issues without spending a small fortune and committing to an ongoing heavy expense?


Where has my Box gone?

15 October 2018 - 12:23 AM

I have a #BOX1# on my template for chasearainbow.com but I can't seem to get any content to display in it. What am I doing wrong?

 

Also, I wanted to remove the underlines in the horizontal menu but I can't figure out how to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 

And one last question.  If I log in to my host server to manipulate files directly, where do I find all my site pages?  Which directory should I be looking in?
 

Many thanks to anyone who can help.


Can't save a new or edited page

14 March 2018 - 02:53 AM

Hi

I've been hosting with Crazy Domains for some time now and found their support good and everything worked well. Then, a few weeks ago they did a server upgrade that changed all my path names and my images list disappeared. Dresswell kindly fixed that for me and all worked well again until a week later, when suddenly the system decided to refuse to save any page changes.

 

I create a page or open an existing page, click the text box, update content, click UPDATE. All good, Then I click the SAVE or SAVE AS button to save the page changes and return to menu and I get a ''Forbidden 403'' error message and the changes are all discarded.

 

Support techs at Crazy Domains have been trying to fix this (they claim) for 2 weeks and apparently don't have a clue!  I'm beside myself with stress, as I need to update client website urgently.

 

Please can someone suggest a possible remedy?  Happy to give login if needed. Also can set up contact with Crazy Domains tech staff if that helps.

 

Exact error message is:

 

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /sohoadmin/program/modules/page_editor/save_page.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.


My images list has gone blank!

13 February 2018 - 06:48 AM

I have a list of images in my file manager and for the past months they have been available to select from it to insert images when editing pages, but suddenly now when I go to the page editor there are no images in the selection list. It's completely blank!


Disappearing page content

17 January 2018 - 06:30 AM

I have several Soho sites hosted on Crazy Domain and have had no issues until recently. Last week, all the content on all pages on all sites disappeared. Only the content added via dropping a text box onto the page. The images, menu, side bar, etc. are all there. Just the main content is gone from every page. When I tried to add new content, the system said I did not have adequate security access and refused to save.

 

I am quite desperate for a solution as there is a lot of content that has to be replaced if I cannot locate the content. Crazy Domains tech staff say the ''path'' specification is wrong, but nothing has been changed since the sites were last updated and appeared correct. Whatever happened did not occur as a result of any human intervention from my end or by anyone who has access to edit the sites.

 

If anyone is able to help, I can provide a login to the site maintenance to check for files.