• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 vstacks

vstacks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 10:24 PM

Is anyone else having problems loggin in to the sohoadmin page? Since about 3:30 EST, USA, every time I try to log in, I get my session has expired, please close this window and re log-in. I have been trying to get in to edit my site and am having no luck. I tried closing and reopening my browser, restarting my computer, I cleared my cookies, temp files, history, even temporarily suspended my firewall. Nothing helps. Have written my host, but am awaiting a response.

#2 mook25

mook25

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 10:13 AM

Is anyone else having problems loggin in to the sohoadmin page? Since about 3:30 EST, USA, every time I try to log in, I get my session has expired, please close this window and re log-in. I have been trying to get in to edit my site and am having no luck. I tried closing and reopening my browser, restarting my computer, I cleared my cookies, temp files, history, even temporarily suspended my firewall. Nothing helps. Have written my host, but am awaiting a response.

It could be something to do with your host. I had a similar problem but kept getting the 'page cannot be displayed' screen. It appeared i was being blocked from the server by a third firewall. Although where the 2 other firewalls were i don't know as i only have 1??? I'd wait for a response from your host first as they probably only have to do something really simple to fix it! HTH

#3 vstacks

vstacks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 01:07 PM

I finally gave up yesterday, which is sometimes best when frustration takes over. Everything is fine again today.

It could be something to do with your host. I had a similar problem but kept getting the 'page cannot be displayed' screen. It appeared i was being blocked from the server by a third firewall. Although where the 2 other firewalls were i don't know as i only have 1??? I'd wait for a response from your host first as they probably only have to do something really simple to fix it! HTH

#4 mook25

mook25

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 01:54 PM

I finally gave up yesterday, which is sometimes best when frustration takes over. Everything is fine again today.

Don't take this the wrong way but, i'm glad someone else has these sorts of things happen to them. lol I thought it was just me. I always used to have problems and then as soon as i had logged it and my host had looked at it, all would be fine again. It used to make me look really silly! :(

#5 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 07:06 PM

The "Session Expired" problem recently surfaced with one of my websites. I quickly found out that login worked with Internet Explorer but did not work with Firefox "most of the time." I just realized that with IE, you go to the site first, then F2 into the admin, while with Firefox I simply enter through domain.com/sohoadmin. With this, login works on Firefox everytime IF I go to the site first before go to domain.com/sohoadmin. So I at least have a "work-around" for the moment.

As to how this started to happen on this site only? It may be entirely coincidental, but I was play around with adding an admin user with username starting with "@" just to verify that Soho does not like a username in such a way. My test proved the theory, but I started to get this "session expired" problem on Firefox even after I deleted the offending admin user.

My quesiton is: What triggers "session expired" response? Deleting cookies has no effect at all.

#6 JoyceSofian

JoyceSofian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 01:13 PM

Me too... It says invalid username and password... But i'm sure it is correct as I follow their email.

Regards, JS

#7 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 01:45 PM

Me too... It says invalid username and password... But i'm sure it is correct as I follow their email.

What email are you talking about, the one sent to by your host? If so, those are for your cpanel, not sohoadmin.

When you installed soho, you were given the option of changing default username and password (both as "admin" -- no quotes, all lowercase). If you did not change them, you should be able to login with the defaults. Once you are, make sure to change it by clicking on webmaster icon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users