6 replies to this topic

#1 imlawed@yahoo.com

imlawed@yahoo.com

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 03:07 AM

How do I add a clickable image to a page?

Do I set up the redirect before I uplaod or do i do that in SoholaunchPro after an image is uploaded?

Thanks
lawed

#2 vstacks

vstacks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 04:53 AM

Here's how I do it:
First I upload my image, insert it into text editor, click on image, click on link icon, either choose a page, or type in a url or email.

Hope this helps.

How do I add a clickable image to a page?

Do I set up the redirect before I uplaod or do i do that in SoholaunchPro after an image is uploaded?

Thanks
lawed

#3 imlawed@yahoo.com

imlawed@yahoo.com

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 05:19 AM

OK Thanks for the description. I can handle that process. But, I just thought of another question that I didn't state in the original post.

I am going to use images supplied by vendors as I am an affiliate marketer.

So, what about the pixel size requirement for images 204X106- does this apply?

Or, is that just referring to a static unclickable images to display on a contenttext page?

The vendor has graphics they supply, banners, yext banners, ebook covers etc. and I am going to make them clickable.

Do I need to do something to conform to the 204X106 requirement for all of these?

Thanks again :)
lawed

#4 vstacks

vstacks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 02:25 PM

I'm sorry I can't answer this one about the pixel size.

I have been trying to figure out how to add my host affiliate's (BlueVoda) banners. The thing is they have an html code to copy and paste for the banner. But that does not work for me in the text editor, it shows the code instead of the banner when it's previewed. I can't upload a custom code for it because I don't know how to save an html code. I have tried saving as a web page and uploaded, but it just shows a red x instead of a banner. Please post whatever solutions you find for us newbies! Thanks.

OK Thanks for the description. I can handle that process. But, I just thought of another question that I didn't state in the original post.

I am going to use images supplied by vendors as I am an affiliate marketer.

So, what about the pixel size requirement for images 204X106- does this apply?

Or, is that just referring to a static unclickable images to display on a contenttext page?

The vendor has graphics they supply, banners, yext banners, ebook covers etc. and I am going to make them clickable.

Do I need to do something to conform to the 204X106 requirement for all of these?

Thanks again :)
lawed

#5 Matt2

Matt2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 07:25 PM

1. Re: pixelsize I don't think, that you have to change anything regarding the pixelsize, it will adjust alone.

2. Regarding banners etc - did you try to add the banner code into an "text element" ?
It should work - the only thing you have to watch, make sure no "br" (carriage return) is in the code as it would make the code impossible to show.
Hope it helps :-)

I'm sorry I can't answer this one about the pixel size.

I have been trying to figure out how to add my host affiliate's (BlueVoda) banners. The thing is they have an html code to copy and paste for the banner. But that does not work for me in the text editor, it shows the code instead of the banner when it's previewed. I can't upload a custom code for it because I don't know how to save an html code. I have tried saving as a web page and uploaded, but it just shows a red x instead of a banner. Please post whatever solutions you find for us newbies! Thanks.

#6 Bradnjxn

Bradnjxn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 04:00 AM

vstacks,

If you want to save the code and upload it to use on your site paste the code into a text editor like Notepad (windows).

Then save the file 'yourfilename.inc'

Go to the file manager of your Soho and upload this file. Now you can drop this into a page while in text editor mode as a 'custom code'. It should show up in your drop down list.
Brad Shirley
URL=http://imagecaster.com]ImageCaster.com[/URL]]

#7 imlawed@yahoo.com

imlawed@yahoo.com

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 06:07 AM

Thanks for the help. I have used the Text Editor to make images cickable.
:D
lawed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users