4 replies to this topic

#1 genewell

genewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 04:24 PM

Has anyone figured out how to use the new features in the advanced text editor? Specifically the form features and the marquee feature. I get nowhere with Soholaunch support on these and there seems to be no documentation.

#2 vstacks

vstacks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 07:21 PM

I tried the marquee. Once I clicked on the marquee icon, a text area showed up. I double clicked on that area and typed in some text. When I clicked on preview, it was scrolling across the page. I haven't tried the form feature. I did try the table feature also and played around with it some. It took me a while to figure out that I could right click on it and change some properties and that if I clicked on it I could change its size by dragging it.

#3 genewell

genewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 12:39 AM

Ahh...the marquee wasn't working in the version I had. New version it's working. I still don't get the form stuff. How do you associated it with databases. Most of the features are for user input but I can't see where you establish what database the entry goes into.

#4 vstacks

vstacks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 04:50 AM

I'm not sure I understand your question. I have used the basic forms such as a contact form, one to submit an ad, a vote form, etc. But it was just simple stuff. I created the forms first, then inserted them via text editor. No problems, everything works great. I guess I just don't understand about the database?

Ahh...the marquee wasn't working in the version I had. New version it's working. I still don't get the form stuff. How do you associated it with databases. Most of the features are for user input but I can't see where you establish what database the entry goes into.

#5 genewell

genewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 06:29 AM

The generic form generator is fine but if you want to get a little more sophisticated, I think you'll have to use some of the advanced text editor form features. I'm assuming that's what they are there for but I'm a bit lost with what to do with them. Worse, some of them are buggy and will wreak havoc on your site page if you actually use it (like the text area feature).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users