• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 vstacks

vstacks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 03:32 PM

I installed Soholaunch on 2/20/06 thru Fantastico. I started with the Quickstart Wizard and have been creating and editing pages just fine until yesterday. Now I can no longer edit my Home Page. When I open it, I do not get the green Save Page or Save Page As buttons, Preview Page, Page Properties, or Upload Buttons.

All I get is Edit Pages, View Website, Webmaster, Main Menu, Log Out options. The page is there with the grid lines and the items I have added which I need to edit, but I have no way to edit them.

On the Edit Page(s) menu where it shows all the pages I have created, the Home Page Delete Button is inacessible. I was going to delete it and create a new one, but I can't do that either.

Please HELP, I have searched the forum and cannot find this question or an answer. :(

#2 vstacks

vstacks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 02:08 AM

After receiving no help or advice here, I asked BlueVoda host to reset my account and I started over from scratch. I hope it doesn't happen again. Boy am I tired. :mad:

#3 tg313

tg313

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 04:33 PM

I to have the same problem. I am unable to edit my home page. I can edit any other pages. I guess vstacks, that I will have to do the same as you and contact blue voda and start all over. Man that really sucks big time as I and my family and friends really like my site!!!

#4 vstacks

vstacks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 07:15 PM

Sorry to hear that tg313. It does really suck. Luckily I had just started my site and didn't lose much. Since I have reinstalled the Soholaunch Pro from Fantastico and started over, I have had no problems (fingers crossed). I am able to edit the home page once again! This time I am backing up once I'm thru for the day and downloading to my hard drive. If it happens again, hopefully I won't lose anything. What worries me if it happens once the site is up and running and I have customers with ads running. Let's just hope this bug is fixed soon.

I to have the same problem. I am unable to edit my home page. I can edit any other pages. I guess vstacks, that I will have to do the same as you and contact blue voda and start all over. Man that really sucks big time as I and my family and friends really like my site!!!

#5 Bradnjxn

Bradnjxn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 04:12 AM

vstacks/tg313,

This happened to me a couple times before the latest versions were released. The way I fixed it was, I renamed the Home_Page to something different.

Then, I created a new page called Home Page. Then I could edit my new Home Page.

Sounds a little crude but it worked. I didn't have to redo my site.
Brad Shirley
URL=http://imagecaster.com]ImageCaster.com[/URL]]

#6 tg313

tg313

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 12:59 AM

Gave that a try Bradnjxn, but it didnt work!!!. When I created my new "Home Page" it gave me a message that said the page already exist and cannot be created. As far as renaming your home page, how do u do that? I dont see anyway possible to do it. Thanks for taking the time to give us some assistance.

#7 Skyfruit

Skyfruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:27 AM

All of you faced the same problem I encountered. I got BV or VH to reset my account once for SOHO and guess what, it happened to me again.

See what happened to my site now, got stucked at home page and not able to edit or save anything at all. it just looks like what you are seeing here. Lots of #####contents#####.....

I wonder why Soho don't get back to me fast everytime I asked for help? I think they don't even know how to resolve this issues perhaps.

Whenever I submitted support tickets through VH, they only got back to me 3 to 5 days later. Imagine my disfigured website is published out there 3 to 5 days shown to public both locally and worldwide is really so sad, ....I wish SH could improve their service ....24 hours not 72 hours or more. :mad:

Do you guys agree?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users