• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vstacks

vstacks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 10:02 PM

How do I add a flash banner to web page?

I created a flash banner at Free Logo Maker which required me to save the image file to a folder on my hard drive. I uploaded that file to my image file, no problem.

There is also an embedded html code that is required for the flash to work.

How do I get that from the website to my web page? Do I save it to a file on my hard drive also and upload it? If so, what program do I use. I tried saving it to Notepad, but it would only let me save it as text file.

Then, where do I upload it to? And how do I put it on my page?

Thanks for any simple to understand step by step instructions. I am a newbie.

#2 Ruben

Ruben

www.Sohotemplates.com

• Moderators
  • 584 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 10:30 AM

1. when you are on the page you want to edit, insert a text editor ( or edit the one you allready have) and click in the bottom to show the HTML code, there you insert in the right place offcourse your html code where you would like to show this flash code.

2. another way is to insert the flash file by clicking the insert flash icon in the text editor. (only newer versions of soholaunch)

3. final solution is to add the html code right into the template and point to the flash file you uploaded.
Ruben
Visit www.sohotemplates.com for your Soholaunch templates
High Quality StockPhoto's ! www.microstockphoto.com
Looking for High Quality Flash files? check Flashden!

#3 vstacks

vstacks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 03:20 AM

Thank you for your help. I would love to try this, but now my home page which is where I wanted to install the flash banner, will not allow me to edit. When I click on create/edit pages it takes me to the window to choose which page to edit. I can click on the edit button and it opens my page, but the green save button is not there, nor the preview button. And when I delete or add content to any of the fields, I am not allowed to save it, so I have no way to change anything. Please help.

#4 mook25

mook25

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:31 AM

Thank you for your help. I would love to try this, but now my home page which is where I wanted to install the flash banner, will not allow me to edit. When I click on create/edit pages it takes me to the window to choose which page to edit. I can click on the edit button and it opens my page, but the green save button is not there, nor the preview button. And when I delete or add content to any of the fields, I am not allowed to save it, so I have no way to change anything. Please help.

Have you tried reloading the text editor? Only reason I ask is that this happened to me once and all it took to get the buttons back was to close the text editor and reload! :cool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users