• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cord LaFond

Cord LaFond

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

It would be nice if there was a setting in the text-box option to create a margin so the text doesn't crowd the adjacent content

#2 Mike Morrison

Mike Morrison

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:25 AM

Hi Cord,

Thanks for the suggestion! The margin around te content area is usually controlled by the template, and defined by the template designer.

In the future maybe we can pay special attention to the content area margin and make sure designers are leaving enough space.

The good news is that it's usually pretty easy to increase the padding/margin around the content by customizing your template's custom.css file. As in, it usually involves less than one line of css code.

If you'll post a link to your site, I can probably tell you what that line is and point you to our docs on editing your css file.

If you want to post a link to your site,

#3 sinclair

sinclair

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:42 PM

Do you mean the margin around the content/boxes that can be dropped onto page? Text box is one of them. I have noticed that when you drop differnt boxes onto page that there is no margin between them. Seems like that should be built into how the different type drops are handled. Thanks

#4 dbuono

dbuono

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:03 PM

I'd like to bring this topic back.

Is there a resolution for preventing multiple objects dropped via the sohoadmin from displaying RIGHT next to each other? For instance, an iFrame YouTube video is inserted as one 'box' and immediately adjacent to the right of the video (where I would like it to be) is a short paragraph text object. My problem is that there is no padding between the text and the YouTube video.

Also, in regards to the template margins - when my template responds to smaller browsers, anything in the content area spills over the right margin of the responsive template. Advice??

#5 dresswell

dresswell

Soho Dog

• Administrators
  • 3,370 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:24 PM

Can you list the url of the page so i can take a look

at what your saying.

dresswell

Free Soholaunch Hosting
Soholaunch Pro or Soholaunch Ultra Free with Hosting.
Check out our soholaunch hosting if your tried others

and were disappointed with your host or there support.
Get the help you need to build your website today.

Now offering a 99cent 1st. month Trial Offer.
Easy Website Maker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users