• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Annika2

Annika2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 10:03 PM

I'm having trouble with the Techno Breeze home page. When I'm entering text into the content area, whenever I press 'enter', the cursor jumps up into another column. It doesn't display in another column, though. If I don't choose the Col1 style for paragraph text, then my text is truncated, as well.

The third issue is that when I try to assign what is going into the Boxes, it doesn't save the setting, even though I've chosen Save.

The sub pages all work just fine. In fact, I would be happy if the Home page used the sub page layout, too. If I can't resolve the issues, then advice on a workaround would be awesome. I've wasted an awful lot of my time on this.

Thanks!

#2 jamesd

jamesd

• Moderators
  • 115 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Posted 18 April 2011 - 08:00 PM

If you want to use the same layout as the sub pages you can re-name the home.html in your template folder to something else. The home page layout would then default to the same as the sub.
Hold shift and then press enter this will add a line break your cursor should stay in the same column.
James D

Soho Plugins

#3 Annika2

Annika2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:04 PM

Thanks.

I managed to track down the css file for the template - not in the site directory, but in the sohoadmin/program/modules/.... blah blah /site_templates.

Any changes I make to the display of the boxes for the home page take effect, but the menu where I'm changing the settings always looks the same.

#4 jamesd

jamesd

• Moderators
  • 115 posts
  • LocationDublin, Ireland

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:13 PM

What do you want to change about the menu?
Can you post the url?
James D

Soho Plugins

#5 Annika2

Annika2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:55 PM

What's the difference between a Blog category and a Blog subject?

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason to when/why the titles of the boxes change (I managed to get Breaking News in there, but when I try to assign the blog subject, nothing happens). When I edit the News.css and News.html in the program/template folder, do I have to copy those to the root directory, too?

Frustration is mounting, big time. Thanks for your help.

#6 Tarquin

Tarquin

Soho Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:03 AM

Hi i've just purchased The Techno Breeze template and basically I want to make changes to the main background image as I want to remove the black image at the top and stretch the main background to the top. I've made colour changes in both the home & index html files and the css files respectively but nothing changes at all. Essentially any changes I make to these files does not change ge the original template. Am I going mad or is their a setting somewhere restricting the changes

#7 dresswell

dresswell

Soho Dog

• Administrators
  • 3,411 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:14 PM

Any chance you have the TurboCache plugin?
If so disable it.
If not post your URL so we can take a look.
dresswell

Free Soholaunch Hosting
Soholaunch Pro or Soholaunch Ultra Free with Hosting.
Check out our soholaunch hosting if your tried others

and were disappointed with your host or there support.
Get the help you need to build your website today.

Now offering a 99cent 1st. month Trial Offer.
Easy Website Maker

#8 Tarquin

Tarquin

Soho Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:47 PM

URL of my website is www.1lamp1.com

I've also got a couple of more questions if that is ok

1) When I choose a product the payment option table comes up on the left hand side showing the standard "checkout Button" & "Google Checkout" button respectively. At this point in the journey I do not want these buttons to show as I want the customer to always view the "Cart/basket" first before buying. Is there anyway to either hide these options of remove them

2) On the subject of the "Google Checkout Button"

A)

Currently when you "View the Shopping Cart" - the "Google Checkout" button appears next to the "Continue Shopping" & "standard Checkout Button" respectively

Again at this point in the journey I do not want this button to appear. I want to remove or hide this button.

B) I want the "Google Checkout" button to appear at the bottom of "STEP 4: VERIFY ORDER DETAILS" along with the "Paypal" Payment method which is already there.

I know this is a lot to ask but your help in these issues would be greatly appreciate.

For me the standard shopping cart setup just does not seem logical to me. Essentially all the payment methods should be at the end of the journey and should not be forced on the buyer ( especially the google checkout button)

Thanks again for any help or comments

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users