14 replies to this topic

#1 stefan

stefan

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:26 PM

i have this dinkin flicka template but i cannot put any pics in home page box 1 and box 3 like shown on screenshot....those template boxes make me insane..anyone can help me.?..thx

the only image i can put is the header one....is those template boxes are only for blogs?? forgive my ignorance again lol

#2 adventureandy

adventureandy

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 01:04 AM

Hi Stefan

You and I both must be going insane...I to am having problems with your above issuse too. I can get the header one working but the left hand top corner will only show text and the left colum I cant get to show any thing. Im wanting to post pictures in all these areas like on the template description. Can any one help?

#3 egtou

egtou

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:41 PM

First you have to create blog than in the blog editor, text editor appears and in the text editor you can put either image or text. Than go to template manager and assign where to put or post blogs you created either in Box 1 or Box 3. I think for the box 1 and three 3 you should put through blog manager.

Following video gives how to use blog manager
http://www.vodahost....og-manager.html

Edited by egtou, 11 March 2011 - 02:46 PM.

Chitra B. Gurung
Kathmandu, Nepal

#4 adventureandy

adventureandy

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:58 AM

Hi Chitra

Thanks for the reply. I have tried all of your suggestions and it still not working.

#5 adventureandy

adventureandy

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:14 AM

I have made progress.

So after toying with this for ages I seem to have box three working now. What I did Stefan was created my blog in this case a picture and then went into my home page editor and placed it in the top left corner. Saved it and Previewed my page. It showed my picture in both the template and in the content area of the web page. I then went back to my home page editor and deleted the blog out. and saved then previewed and hey presto my picture remained in the Template.

So now I have to try and figure out box 1.
This is also only working on my home page at the moment so will have to work on all the other pages now too.

Good luck

#6 stefan

stefan

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:28 PM

thx andy....im trying but beside having a nose bleed and square eyes ..lol ....it doesnt work il take a little break and try again later..

#7 adventureandy

adventureandy

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:58 PM

Hey Stefan

I think our problem is the Template. I find that when I go to Template manager to Template Boxes I see the following under Site base Template:

Your Site Base Template is your primary or 'default' design layout that is used on all (or nearly all) of your site pages. As in, when you create a new page, it will use this template unless you specifically set it to use a different one via the Page Properties menu in the Page Editor.

Number of boxes in your Site Base Template: [0]
View raw template skeleton so you can see where each box is placed
What do you want to put in this box?

Im thinking that because this site base template hasnt been given a number then thats the reason why we cant add anything to the boxes.

Now if I got to "Home base template" the next tab it shows me this:

The Home Page template is a special layout specifically designed for the first page visitors see when arriving at your website (i.e. 'home page', 'start page', 'index page', etc.)

Number of boxes in your Home Page Layout: [6]
View raw template skeleton so you can see where each box is placed
What do you want to put in this box?

This one has 6 boxes designated to it! I dont know where the extra other 3 boxes are. Perhaps its meant to be 3 for "home page template" and 3 for "site page template"

Either way it would be great to be able to get hold of Tim the maker and find out whats going on.

If any one does know how to help us out please do. Im no expert.

Stefan maybe yours looks similiar?

#8 egtou

egtou

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:09 AM

I made several attempt to contact to Tim, template builder but he is not active. I could not get any reply from him yet. Otherwise he is nice guy.

Chitra B. Gurung
Kathmandu, Nepal

#9 stefan

stefan

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:01 PM

i notice that....to be honest im a little fed up...iv been on that for the past 3 weeks...if i only knew...i was even looking at joomla this morning...i install it....i agree it would b nice if the template maker would give us some info on that.
have a good one andy

#10 stefan

stefan

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:05 PM

my website is hommesalouer.ca

#11 adventureandy

adventureandy

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:35 AM

Hey Stefan I checked out your website it looks just like mine hahaha Home - Job Seekers, Courses, List a job its all in here! . I also clicked on your logo in the tope left corner and it took me to a page " Welcome to your website" you may want to check and change this. But I would also like to ask is how did you get that to link in the first place. Mine does link but goes to an unwanted page I want it to link back to my home page. Do you have any ideas?

As always its a work in progress and we learn as we go. Looking good so far.

Also I have Dresswell looking into the template for me so once I get it figured out I will let you know.

Andy

Edited by adventureandy, 14 March 2011 - 05:05 AM.

#12 dresswell

dresswell

Soho Dog

• Administrators
  • 3,411 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:18 AM

You can add pics to each box except the NEWSBOX.
To add pics there you would need to modify the template.
Or make a link there to go to a page with a pic on it.
On the home page template there are 3 boxes.
All other pages have no boxes but have a #NEWSBOX# and #PROMOTXT1# box.
The newsbox only accepts text and or links.
dresswell

Free Soholaunch Hosting
Soholaunch Pro or Soholaunch Ultra Free with Hosting.
Check out our soholaunch hosting if your tried others

and were disappointed with your host or there support.
Get the help you need to build your website today.

Now offering a 99cent 1st. month Trial Offer.
Easy Website Maker

#13 stefan

stefan

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:56 AM

hi andy...i delete the template and got artisteer...i made my own...much better....about the same price u should check it out!

#14 stefan

stefan

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:56 AM

thank you dresswell

#15 egtou

egtou

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:35 AM

I found that this template has designed as Home Page has three boxes in which we can put contents through blog manager and two default boxes in other pages ( site base template ) where content can be added through latest news and promotion. So, after learning several contents from forum I noticed that template has no defect it has it's own design.

Chitra B. Gurung
Kathmandu, Nepal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users