3 replies to this topic

#1 jjhaar

jjhaar

Soho Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:05 PM

1st time website developer using the S007-Bus1D1 Template to build my website (not yet operational). Interested in contacting others using this template to disuss implementation issues, questions, methods, etc. If willing to share, please provide website address so I can can contact.

Thanks,

Judy

#2 Matt Wilcox

Matt Wilcox

• Moderators
  • 132 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:40 PM

Hi Judy,
Maybe post some specific questions and we can be more helpful.
-Matt

#3 jjhaar

jjhaar

Soho Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:48 PM

Looking for quidance on how to incorporate Google Adsence into my Template. My understanding is that Google will provide HTML code to insert into the individual webpage HTML. Do I do this under the Text Editor HTML View or via Custom Code. Not sure how to place these adds where we want them to appear on the webpage. Also, can Adsense adds be placed within the Template Boxes associated with this Template. It appears that all Box content originates from the Blog Manager Editing functions that do not accomodate insertion of HTML code.

Thanks for whatever help you can provide.

Judy

#4 Matt Wilcox

Matt Wilcox

• Moderators
  • 132 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:35 AM

Hi Judy,
Yes, you've pretty much got it. Custom code is the best option as the HTML editor can change your code sometimes, and the custom code option protects against this. You can't use custom code in the blog manager like you've said.

If you want ads to appear where the boxes are (and you know some HTML), you can always alter your template. Your template files are located in sohoadmin/program/modules/site_templates/pages/your-template-directory-name (this is a relative path from the directory of your install).

You'll be looking for #BOXn# in your template, where n represents the box number, if there's more than one box.

-Matt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users