3 replies to this topic

#1 AJ

AJ

Soho Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:46 PM

I am allowed to change 2 images -- the header and my logo. What I am trying to place in both spaces doesn't work size-wise. What can be done?

1) When I upload my logo to the size of the "_user-logo.png" in the mock-up it is twice as large as the mockup and is overpowering. The program strethces it bigger if I make it smaller. And yes, I have to upload a transparent image, I'm just playing with layout.
2) The Header image is a fixed size of 653 x 208. My Original, manufacturer-supplied pictures (1 is 2302 x 1294 1 is 540 x 295 1 which I want to use in 4-6 weeks when I add new products is 738 x 300) will not fit that space without getting squashed or stretched. What can I do? Can the header space be flexible.

One last issue ... when I uploaded a header image that was the right width but too tall, the preview showed me a squashed image, but put up an image that was cut short -- so the preview isn't being accurate.

The site I am working on and that is live is Welcome to the Integrated Operating Room of the 21st Century where I have left the pictures described above. Thanks

Edited by AJ, 12 September 2010 - 03:59 PM.
uploaded image to match preview which is not what was being seen. So I reloaded what the site did, not what it previewed

#2 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:49 PM

Ideally you need to substitute swappable images with exactly the same sizes. Use an image editing software to resize them first.

#3 AJ

AJ

Soho Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:47 AM

I did try and the dimensions of the original come out either too wide or too tall and the program stretches or compresses to fit the predefined dimensions.

In addition, as noted with one picture the program gave a preview that should the width stretched-to-fit but when I put it on the site, it cut off 2/3 of the picture. I did a screen scrape if you want to see.

So it sounds like I have 2 choices -- different pictures if available. Or a different template. The 1st is highly unlikely as these were commercial product shots in a hospital Operating room.

And the 2nd seems like it may be the only answer. My website is trying to introduce and sell product, it's not a personal site or a blog so I have no say over what graphics are available. And the format is so fixed, so blog-oriented.

Do you have other templates that may be more elastic, more adjustable on both graphics but also text. For example, if I don't use a template box on the home page, can I make to comments box double wide to fill the space?

Many thanks!!

#4 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:52 PM

The template you use does not impose any dimension to the images. You will have to note the original sizes and resize your images accordingly. Otherwise, you break the template.

Choose another template. You can find all of them here: Templates

If you still can't find a suitable one to use, you can always get a custom template designed and built.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users