• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Travis

Travis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:04 PM

I recently received a alert from SiteLock about malware vulnerabilities with this template. It has to do with the PHP scripts written throughout.

I started my crash course in html last night, not feeling to comfortable with re writing anything.

Are there any templates without known vulnerabilities? These hackers are hell on a business.

#2 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:09 PM

Your site may have been compromised. Check the .htaccess file in public_HTML folder to see if it contains strange codes. If it does, clear them out and change password of your host account.

#3 Travis

Travis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 11:53 PM

Your site may have been compromised. Check the .htaccess file in public_HTML folder to see if it contains strange codes. If it does, clear them out and change password of your host account.

Can I copy and past that file in a pm to you? I really have no idea what I'm looking for.

#4 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:09 AM

If you did not place one yourself and it looks complicated, just delete it.

You can post it here if you want.

#5 webfreak

webfreak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:55 PM

Are there any templates without known vulnerabilities? These hackers are hell on a business.

Dear Travis, there are no vulnerabilities with the template...

Lwyau is correct when he says that the website itself was/is compromised as hackers inject malware code into any page. These cold be Javascript injections and/or Iframe injections.

Thank you Lwyau, this is quite correct... :)

`__ .__ `.` _ `.`__ ` .` .` `. ` _
/ / ` ___| |__/ _|_ _ ___ __ _| |__
// / -_) '_ _| '_/ -_) _` | / /
._/_/___|_.__/_||_| _____,_|__

Conquer the Hurdle!

SOHO Templates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users