Photo
- - - - -

How do I set the home page to a non soho page?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JohnArtbox

JohnArtbox

Soho Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:46 AM

I have a website that uses a mixture of Soho and non-soho pages. The only problem is that the index.htm page needs to be a straight html page. I can't just put it in the template folder because it uses css and javascript that don't work when placed in the default folders.
Is there a way to avoid Soho allocating the home page?
Thanks
John

#2 DrJon

DrJon

I was never confused....

• Moderators
  • 857 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:30 AM

Web servers attempt to load index.* pages in sequence: index.htm, index.html and finally index.php.

If you still have an index.htm or .html in your public_html folder, that would normally load before any Soho created page, so it shouldn't go in the template folder.

On the other hand, you can have a soho page which is straight html by using the 'Custom Code' featur in Soho; you may have to tweak your css though in case of any conflicts.....
The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive. - Robert A. Heinlein
Soho, Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, etc Template & Web Design - Data Recovery

#3 draknet

draknet

• Moderators
  • 828 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:07 AM

Apache, by default, is:

DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm default.html default.htm

On cPanel servers, hosts can set the DirectoryIndex in WHM -> Apache Configuration -> DirectoryIndex Priority so this can be changed depending on what the host uses or specializes in and you need to ask the host to find out. In general, if they have a fairly standard cPanel compile and have not changed the order, it will default to the following order:

index.php
index.php5
index.php4
index.php3
index.perl
index.pl
index.plx
index.ppl
index.cgi
index.jsp
index.js
index.jp
index.phtml
index.shtml
index.xhtml
index.html
index.htm
Default.html
Default.htm
default.html
default.htm
home.html
home.htm

Since soho runs off index.php, current cPanel servers will generally always show it first unless the .htaccess changes the DirectoryIndex to a different page.

DrakNet Web Hosting | (Or just me: jenlepp.com | Twitter: @jenlepp)
Please note that DrakNet no longer offers licensed Soholaunch as of 9/1/2010 - if you are looking at an old forum post that recommends us as a Soholaunch host, please note that situation has changed since the post was made.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users