• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 wflader

wflader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:09 PM

I purchased the Via Step floating menu addon. Everything seemd to work but I am unable to see the sub menu in IE 8. It can be seen in foxfire (mozilla). I have tried opening a ticket at viastep support and have had no reply in over a week. Are they out of business? Does anyone have an idea what can be causing this issue? Help Please....

#2 dresswell

dresswell

Soho Dog

• Administrators
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:30 PM

What template are you using?
And are you using the latest build of the plugin?
Version 1.83
dresswell

Free Soholaunch Hosting
Soholaunch Pro or Soholaunch Ultra Free with Hosting.
Check out our soholaunch hosting if your tried others

and were disappointed with your host or there support.
Get the help you need to build your website today.

Now offering a 99cent 1st. month Trial Offer.
Easy Website Maker

#3 Matt Wilcox

Matt Wilcox

• Moderators
  • 132 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:00 PM

They usually take a while to respond, but they will get around to you. To speed things up make sure you give them some sort of ftp access and soho access, they'll end up asking you for it no matter what.

I seem to recall having an IE8 issue with them myself, and, if I remember correctly, the problem was actually that I had a conflict with ID's in my template. Look at the source code and find the id's they are using for their menu and then do a "find" and see if the ID is popping up on another element in your HTML.

#4 wflader

wflader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:13 PM

To dresswell: Thanks but I am using the most current build Version 1.83

To Matt Wilcox: great idea Matt. I did search through the template and add on and could not find anythng that would appear to be a conflict. Good thought though.

As it now stand it has been 12 days since I opened the ticket with no response whatsoever (except the auto response) So I tried another ticket. My first ticket was 473 and my second one 12 days later was 475.

That would indicate a pretty inactive help desk. I guess these guys are out if business.

Are there any other alternatives to this floating menu that you all know off?

Thanks again.......

Bill Flader

#5 DrJon

DrJon

I was never confused....

• Moderators
  • 857 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:55 AM

If you look at the code of the menu on a site using it you'll see this line:
/***********************************************
* AnyLink Drop Down Menu- © Dynamic Drive (www.dynamicdrive.com)
* This notice MUST stay intact for legal use
* Visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com/ for full source code
***********************************************/
I don't know how much it's been modded (if at all), but I would think that the Dynamic Drive menu could be incorporated into a Soho site without too much trouble....
(Famous last words... :ehheh: )
The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive. - Robert A. Heinlein
Soho, Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, etc Template & Web Design - Data Recovery

#6 Matt Wilcox

Matt Wilcox

• Moderators
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:53 PM

I saw you posted to this thread too - http://forum.soholau...ating-menu.html - and it looks like other people got responses from ViaStep.

Another option would be to put in a support ticket at Soholaunch. Plugin developers have to maintain their plugins if they are going to sell them through Soholaunch. If you don't get any response, then ViaStep isn't holding up their end of the deal. Maybe they just need a shove from the Soholaunch team to get them moving.

#7 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:39 PM

Why don't you post the url of the page so folks can take a look. Just maybe someone can come up with an answer.

#8 wflader

wflader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:26 PM

Thanks to all of you for your comments. No response yet from via step. And I have two tickets opened the last one I tried a higher priority (5 days nothing) and 18 days and nothing on the first ticket. I would never buy anything again from them.

Current location of the page is Plumber Las Vegas, HVAC, Cooling, Emergency Service, Repairs and Installation . I am starting to look at other alternatives.

I will try Matt's suggetsion of working with Soholaunch. That might give them the nudge.

#9 DrJon

DrJon

I was never confused....

• Moderators
  • 857 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:26 AM

It would appear that the version of the drop down menu Viastep are using is pretty old...
It contains variables to take into account anomalies within IE4 and Netscape6 !

I imagine that the javascript needs to take into account the rather unorthodox way IE8 works - we all know that IE is not the most compliant of browsers.

Not very helpful i know, but I'm guessing you're going to have to persist with Viastep so they can update the script. However, even the newer version available from dynamicdrive.com appears to only have been tested with FF1, IE5 and Opr7.....
The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive. - Robert A. Heinlein
Soho, Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, etc Template & Web Design - Data Recovery

#10 Ruben

Ruben

www.Sohotemplates.com

• Moderators
  • 584 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:07 PM

Im sorry for the late feedback you got from us wflader, but i see we posted a reply and replied you.
Let us know through the support system any problems you may encounter.
Ruben
Visit www.sohotemplates.com for your Soholaunch templates
High Quality StockPhoto's ! www.microstockphoto.com
Looking for High Quality Flash files? check Flashden!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users