3 replies to this topic

#1 Jojo

Jojo

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:04 PM

I was wondering how can i put the site that i'm building not available for people to see since i'm using soholaunch for my home page.
Thank you!

#2 DrJon

DrJon

I was never confused....

• Moderators
  • 857 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:22 PM

Do you mean you have two sites built? One using Soho and the other not? If that's the case, simply rename index.html in the root folder of your web server to something else so that the Soho site is seen instead.
The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive. - Robert A. Heinlein
Soho, Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, etc Template & Web Design - Data Recovery

#3 Jojo

Jojo

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:52 AM

No, that's not what i mean. My hosting service provides me with some free tools and soholaunch is installed on my main domain and i've created my home page with it. My forum and my blog are within it and are under construction so people cannot see what goes on in them but if they write my domain name, they'll get to my home page and we're still working on it. I was wondering how to make it unavailble to them until my website is ready.

#4 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:58 AM

1. "Save As" your home page to another name, such as "Home Saved".
2. Edit home page to say something to the effect that the site is under construction and coming soon.
3. Remove all pages off the menu.

You can then working on the site until everything is ready, then reverse the above 3 steps to make the site live.

Alternatively (if you can do HTML), you can create a simple index.html file stating the site is under construction, and upload it to "public_html" folder with Cpanel or FTP. Your soho site will be hidden behind index.html. Delete it when you are ready.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users