4 replies to this topic

#1 Greg Howard

Greg Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:10 AM

Hi guys

I am currently with VODAHOST and am sick and tired of my sites going offline because they are apparently rebooting their servers.

I need a reliable hosting company that will not charge me a fortune, provide a reliable service, provide good customer service and will support soholaunch?

You guys are the experts - can you help me?

I have invested a great deal of time building my sites and I am starting to get a very good reputation in my industry which is going to be ruined by "Vodahost" if I do not move soon. After all who's going to make a point to visit a site that is down all the time?

Help.

Greg

#2 DrJon

DrJon

I was never confused....

• Moderators
  • 857 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:18 AM

If it's any help, I used to have hosting reseller accounts in both the UK and the USA. Now reaching retirement I've stopped hosting clients completely and although I live in the UK I use drak.net for hosting my own domains.

They are also very active on this forum too as well as supporting Soho.

HTH.
The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive. - Robert A. Heinlein
Soho, Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, etc Template & Web Design - Data Recovery

#3 AdamCarter

AdamCarter

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:04 PM

Hi Greg,

I have the same problem.
I came on here yesterday and was pointed towards Drak.net and HostPapa.

HostPapa seems to be the better offering at the moment, from what I have read and from the discussions I have had with the company directly.

Although, in saying that, ANYONE is better than VodaHost!
Kind regards,
Adam Carter

Bondposters.com
MovieMemories.com

Posted Image

#4 naturesphotoadventures

naturesphotoadventures

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 04:10 PM

Hi,

I currently have a wesbite built in Dreamweaver and have a new website developed with the Soho Template Mountainman Blue. How do I shut down the old and upload the new one?

Also my template is not showing a back button. How can I put one in?

#5 DrJon

DrJon

I was never confused....

• Moderators
  • 857 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:59 AM

Do you have Soholaunch installed on your server? If not, you'll need to install it first. Once it is installed, you can host your new site.

However, you didn't say if you had an entire site built ready for a Soho installation, or whether it is just a template..... Both answers are quite long so it'd help to know a bit more first.

For a back button in html:

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000317.htm

Creating a HTML back buttonfor a java script one:

http://javascript.internet.com/navigation/back-button.html

The JavaScript Source: Navigation: Back Button

Create a file called backbutton.inc and then upload it to your site and drop the code on the page where you want it to appear....

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive. - Robert A. Heinlein
Soho, Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, etc Template & Web Design - Data Recovery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users