• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 soadeathdealer

soadeathdealer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:48 AM

i would like your guys input (not trying to get u to buy anything) i just want your guys opinion of design /fuctionality/twecks and improvment needed .

and how to do the twecks or improvment ect.

list of stuff that i plan on adding later :

i may add a message board to shot box if i have enought customer.
May add sum video later .
maybe a blog
more products

currently looking to add background music looking for a good looking player (i tried opentape but after i installed it i could get the admi page to work)

i know i have issues with getting the site to save new customer registration info (passwords it seems)

site is : Welcome to www.tuckermade.net

thanks for your time guys - and again this is not a ploy to get u guy to but anything -

#2 DrJon

DrJon

I was never confused....

• Moderators
  • 857 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:43 AM

I think the most important thing about site design is consistency. I'd be inclined to use the same font and font colour across the entire site - especially as the red/green combo is a little 'loud'.

I might increase the size of the font on the menu and decrease the size on the static pages.

I tend to try to keep the home page smallish and simple without too much scrolling; after all this is where you want to 'grab' potential customers: something simple but pithy which will make people want to look further into the site.

It's always a good idea to look at your webstats on cPanel if you have it as this will give a good indication of which pages are looked at, for how long, and at which point people leave the site.

As for an embedded sound player, you could try Googling flashplayer and embed; there's quite a few good free ones out there.

HTH
The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive. - Robert A. Heinlein
Soho, Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, etc Template & Web Design - Data Recovery

#3 soadeathdealer

soadeathdealer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:45 AM

thanks im gonna try to increse the menu size and decrease body font and thanks for your input i think il change the font to one type as well and i think ill move the guestbook maybe to its own page maybe ,ill look into the flash player as well thanks for ur input

#4 nettier

nettier

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:28 PM

Hi,

I enjoyed looking at your site. Your products are well illustrated and the colours brilliant. However, two comments:-

1. Do you really need the gold ribbons at the top to be moving? I think there's enough animation going on lower down the page and the ribbons lead the eye away from your products.

2. Your search box. I think your search should just relate to your own products. For example, I keyed in the word "bracelets" and it took me out of your site and offered me lots of other websites to look at (worldwide) rather than yours. You should funnel your visitors to other parts of your own site.

Hope this helps.

#5 soadeathdealer

soadeathdealer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:54 AM

Hi,

I enjoyed looking at your site. Your products are well illustrated and the colours brilliant. However, two comments:-

1. Do you really need the gold ribbons at the top to be moving? I think there's enough animation going on lower down the page and the ribbons lead the eye away from your products. (Working on new banner)
2. Your search box. I think your search should just relate to your own products. For example, I keyed in the word "bracelets" and it took me out of your site and offered me lots of other websites to look at (worldwide) rather than yours. You should funnel your visitors to other parts of your own site. (FIXED)
Hope this helps.

all feedback is welcome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users