• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 egtou

egtou

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:26 AM

Hello,

I have been using Soho site builder to mentain my webpage. Recently, I am trying to create a blog page and wanted to put blogs and also comments as well from viewers. But I tried several ways as video. But I just see my post only in my page but nothing about comments. There is no place for comments. I did software updates as recommended from the forum but still nothing happen. So, how can I slove it ? Any one have solution for this ?

Chitra B. Gurung
Kathmandu, Nepal

#2 Matt Wilcox

Matt Wilcox

• Moderators
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 07:32 PM

Make sure you have them turned on.

From the main menu, click:
Blog Manager >> Manage Blog Comments >> Settings Tab

Is the "Allow Blog Comments" box checked?

#3 egtou

egtou

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:49 AM

I did everything on but nothing happen.

Chitra B. Gurung
Kathmandu, Nepal

#4 Matt Wilcox

Matt Wilcox

• Moderators
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:59 PM

Can you post the URL to your blog?

#5 egtou

egtou

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:36 AM

Thank you for your advice. Here is my link

Evergreen Tours- The Best Himalayan Vacation Packages : Nepal Vacations, Bhutan travel, Tibet travel and more

Chitra B. Gurung
Kathmandu, Nepal

#6 DrJon

DrJon

I was never confused....

• Moderators
  • 857 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:57 AM

Are you sure that that's a blog? It looks like a static page from here......
The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive. - Robert A. Heinlein
Soho, Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, etc Template & Web Design - Data Recovery

#7 egtou

egtou

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:28 AM

Yes that is a blog !

Chitra B. Gurung
Kathmandu, Nepal

#8 DrJon

DrJon

I was never confused....

• Moderators
  • 857 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:27 AM

Okey dokey :whoops:

If you'd like me to take a look to see why it's not happening, PM me your login details and I'll see what needs to be done (don't post them to the forum!)

Doc
The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive. - Robert A. Heinlein

#9 egtou

egtou

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:07 PM

what is your pm address so that I can send it

Chitra B. Gurung
Kathmandu, Nepal

#10 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:32 PM

Click on "DrJon" and select "send a pm to..."

#11 DrJon

DrJon

I was never confused....

• Moderators
  • 857 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:30 PM

Well, I've had a look at everything and it appears that dropping a blog into the #content# area isn't going to allow comments for some reason. I've never tried it that way myself, so I can't say if that's right or wrong.

Normally I create a box1, box2 and so on in the template skeleton and use those for blogs. That way I can simply display either all the blog or just a certain number of characters with a generated 'read more...' link which takes a reader to the full blog with a generated link for the monthly archives for that blog; comments can be left in that format in my experience.

I would suggest trying a template for that particular test page which already has promo and latest news boxes built in to see if that solves it. I suspect it might.

#12 Matt Wilcox

Matt Wilcox

• Moderators
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:32 PM

You should definitely be seeing comments if everything is set up correct. I've dragged the blog into the content area on other sites and had the ability to have comments - Here's an example on v4.9.3 r34 - KC Designs Interiors, Sacramento Area specializing in full service residential home design

If you want to PM your login details, I can take a look for you too and let you know what I come across.

#13 Matt Wilcox

Matt Wilcox

• Moderators
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:33 PM

I took a look and you have everything set up perfectly.

There is a problem with your permissions though, something I've not seen before. If you click on the help center icon (gold question mark in the upper right hand corner), then click on the diagnostic icon, then click on permissions, you will see that the status of your permissions is "failed." What's strange is your owner/user and file permissions all look to be setup correct.

How did you install soholaunch? Was it offered through your hosting company? If so, you should have them take a look and see what is going on because something is not set up right. Otherwise I would suggest having one of the guys at soholaunch take a look and get everything squared away for you. You'll save yourself a lot of future headaches if you get everything running properly first.

#14 egtou

egtou

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:49 AM

I sent support ticket to my hosting company and they again forwarded to soho people but I sent 3-4 time since last couple of months but still no solution found. I do not know what is going in with my pages. It is really pitty.

Chitra B. Gurung
Kathmandu, Nepal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users