• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 asmith2010

asmith2010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:29 PM

I have tried using a flash greeting on the template and it tests well. When I upload to HostPapa to test with the site the Flash doesn't show. Open to suggestions.

#2 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:45 PM

Post the code you have for the flash in the template. I can then show you how to make it work.

#3 asmith2010

asmith2010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:27 PM

<p class="sohotext">
<object id="flash1" data="hopcrafthead.swf" style="width: 400; height: 180" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">
<param name="movie" value="hopcrafthead.swf">
<param name="quality" value="High">
<param name="loop" value="false">
<param name="menu" value="false">
</object>

#4 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:56 PM

Your code may not work with Firefox (or most non-IE browsers).

Assuming the flash file is in the template folder, try the following:
<OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://active.macromedia.com/flash2/cabs/swflash.cab#version=4,0,0,0" ID=thisflashobj WIDTH=400 HEIGHT=180>
<PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="#template_path_full_url#/hopcrafthead.swf">
<PARAM NAME=loop VALUE=true>
<PARAM NAME=menu VALUE=false>
<PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high>
<EMBED wmode="transparent" src="hopcrafthead.swf" loop=true menu=false quality=high WIDTH=400 HEIGHT=180 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></EMBED>
</OBJECT>

#5 asmith2010

asmith2010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:07 PM

I gave this a try and it won't show even as a preview. I am using Expressions Web to edit.

#6 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:01 PM

You said you inserted it in the template, correct?

It won't show up in preview by itself. It is meant to be in the soho template file. Read this document: Custom Template Reference - Sohowiki

#7 asmith2010

asmith2010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:52 AM

Yes the flash file was inserted in the template file. When I have the template ready to go and preview it to see how it will look, everything else comes up, images and such but the flash area is empty.

#8 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:05 AM

When soho incorporates your template with the content in real time, it knows to insert the path of your template folder for the most part. For example, image has src=" and soho inserts the right path. It however, does not do that for the flash code value=".

If you look at my posted code closely, you'll notice a soho pound variable #template_path_full_url#, which gets transformed to the actual path of the template folder at real time by soho.

Try my code in your template. It WILL NOT work in previewing it, because #template_path_full_url# is not good html code. HOWEVER, it work work when soho display pages with your template.

#9 asmith2010

asmith2010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:30 AM

OK, I will give that a try and thanks for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users