• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 walter

walter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 09:32 AM

This site was designed from the ground up using a custom template I designed for the customer, They originally approached me to design their site and told me they had soholaunch. I had no idea what soholaunch was but understood its premises from the old cgi-resources days using scripts to create on line site builders. the customer wanted a brochure site and a shopping cart.

Great I said this solution may do the trick otherwise I had to charge an arm and a leg for this relatively simple at the front end task, but seriously complex and far reaching at the back end.

So after playing around and reading the readme files and seeing the connection between most of the features and discovering this place called fantastico. Man the UNIX world is much better now! Finally

To make a long story short soholaunch is nice. I do wish I had better designer control of its layout. the grid is problematic. I did have an annoying apple Safari 2.0 and the latest OSX update displaying the shopping cart problem that still is not resolved.

I like the way soholaunch solved many problems technically, architecturally and gives users access to critical files such as databases.

I did not like how I lost control of the layout, though I suspect with more experience I could find better ways to solve some problems like layout. Shopping cart from a a designers point of view needs improvement as far as display settings. I am not a prgrammer, so I could not solve that problem. Though I did find it nice that I could edit the PHP pages directly..

-walter-
freelance designer; I am a graphic design student 
;)

#2 Ruben

Ruben

www.Sohotemplates.com

• Moderators
  • 584 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 08:14 PM

Walter,

If you need help with converting this or another template to make it compatible for soholaunch, you can contact me and we can fix this for you.
Ruben
Visit www.sohotemplates.com for your Soholaunch templates
High Quality StockPhoto's ! www.microstockphoto.com
Looking for High Quality Flash files? check Flashden!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users