3 replies to this topic

#1 Shpangle

Shpangle

Soho Novice

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 02:34 PM

Hi,

My site has always been based upon the modest muse orange template but this week I have made a change and swapped it to the clean versatile template. I am so pleased because it really does show off my jewellery better.

I have quite a bit to do to sort out the content but so far so good...

Thanks
Mick

#2 Shpangle

Shpangle

Soho Novice

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:45 AM

Well,

I have almost finished my website and I am very happy !! I have even managed to incorporate the Coppermine photo gallery nicely into it. Not bad for a novice !

Take a look and let me know what you think ?

Mick

#3 nettier

nettier

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:49 PM

I like the shiny appearance of the font used for your Shpangle title - not so keen on the colour of the brown typeface used.

Bearing in mind the time of year, I wonder whether you should make more of a feature of Christmas gifts on your home page. Also do you have an optimised page for Christmas gifts? (And one for Valentine's Day).

I notice that you despatch your goods in organza bags which sounds perfectly fine but I wonder whether you had considered the option of offering "presentation boxes" for your keepsake items. This would increase the perceived value of the "wedding collection", making it appear more substantial for someone buying a gift and you could probably charge extra too!

As regards your photographs, have you considered photographing your products against coloured backgrounds to enhance the colours embedded in the resin? Although the pictures of the jewellery are fine, the backgrounds look rather dull. Also, I think the cufflinks, for example would look better if photographed on a suitable coloured shirt.

Also, on your gallery pages you mention the number of views each product has had. If it is accurate this market information would be a gift to any competitors you might have. You could just have, say, a top 20 and this would keep your competitors guessing about which are your slow moving items.

By the way, those keyrings etc. with the VW car fronts on them are really quirky. I think you should have a section of "funky items" or similar.......

Hope this helps!

#4 Shpangle

Shpangle

Soho Novice

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 04:10 PM

Hi Nettier,

Many thanks for your very useful comments. I will certainly have a look at implementing your suggestions.

Thanks
Mick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users