• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Riff88

Riff88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 12:27 PM

I have tried several times to upload a template that I got from another site. The template was dowloaded in .zip file and when i upload it to soho it uploads fine, even telling me "TEMPLATE UPLOADED!" But when i try to find it in the choice of templates it is simply not there.

I have done as they asked, renaming it and everything but i don't know where it is.

Can anyone help?
Thank you!
Riaab

#2 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 03:05 PM

Describe exactly what you did in renaming and re-zipping the file, file and folder name in particular, and what template name you expect to find in the list.

#3 Riff88

Riff88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:32 PM

HI, thanks for the kind reply.

I went to Template Manager - Template upload - I then browsed for my .zip Template in my computer (which I renamed "NEW TEMPLATE") - I uploaded it - and I actually found it - but I found it in Cpanel and it was now called "37" , which was its original name.

How do I get it onto my site?

please help me to solve this, it has been over a week and i still don't have the template that i want for my site.

thank you
Riaan

#4 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:30 PM

The original name of "37" kinda telling me this is a generic template, not built specfically for soho. Templates you get elsewhere most likely won't work for soho, which requires special codes.

Where did you get this template?

#5 Riff88

Riff88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:55 AM

I got it from freetemplatesonline.com

I have since tried different templates from freewebsitetemplates.com and freewebtemplates.com but none of them works on soho. Everytime that I upload a template it just says "template not in format", but they ARE in format, in .zip file.

Surely the problem doesn't lie with soho, perhaps with me? Am I doing it wrong?

Any suggestions where I might find a great choice for templates; there are a lot of templates on soho but many of them aren't that great, very basic.

Thank you
Riaan

#6 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:48 AM

I said in my previous post:

Templates you get elsewhere most likely won't work for soho, which requires special codes.

#7 Riff88

Riff88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:09 PM

Of course, thank you.. i decided to go with one of Soho's templates,

thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users