6 replies to this topic

#1 malkatt

malkatt

Soho Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 07:37 PM

Hi, I'm new to the forum and hope that somebody can help.

I am using the Neitzer Modern City template and have received feedback from customers saying that my site is not displaying properly. Seems to display perfectly in IE7 but in FF and other browsers the text is running off the page or not showing at all.

I have changed colours, banner and size of this template and am now wondering whether I have caused the problems myself since I am a complete novice at this.

I have tried reverting to the original template and have found that this will not even display properly in IE7 anymore, although it was fine originally. So I have stuck with my own version for now in the hope that somebody can help me.

My site is http://www.katymoon.co.uk
I am currently using soho version 4.9.3r22

As I said, I am am a novice and would really appreciate any help you can give me in easy to understand step by step instructions......idiot guide.

Many Thanks

#2 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 08:13 PM

In the css file here: sohoadmin/program/modules/site_templates/pages/NEITZER-Modern-city-site25/custom.css, you somehow managed to make the names for #city and #pagename from lowercase to uppercase. Change them back to lowercase should do it.

#3 malkatt

malkatt

Soho Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:01 PM

Thanks very much for getting back to me so quickly. I have tried what you suggested, but still have the same issue. I have also cleared my browser history to ensure the old page is not coming up but still no joy. I would be very grateful to hear if there is anything else that I could try.

Your help is much appreciated.

#4 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:51 PM

Sorry that idea did not correct the problem.

You'll just to start over by applying changes to the original template one item at a time, and make sure it displays correctly before you apply the next, until it's done.

#5 malkatt

malkatt

Soho Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:10 AM

Thanks again for your help.

I will try to start again, however, as a novice it took me a long time to get this far and I'm not sure I can afford to lose any more customers due to this, so I may just find a more suitable template for my needs unless anybody else has another suggestion.

#6 malkatt

malkatt

Soho Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:52 PM

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that I have upgraded to the latest version of Neitzer Modern City. Still had to re-write all my text since the soho text editor did not adjust for the new template size. 15hours later and my site is at least looking ok in IE and ff, so at least it's a start.

Thanks very much for your time.

#7 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:04 PM

Still had to re-write all my text since the soho text editor did not adjust for the new template size.

This caught my eye - can you elaborate on this? Text editor should be insensitive to template width.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users