6 replies to this topic

#1 PFerreira

PFerreira

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:37 PM

I have a template, pet6....I want my other pages to be different than my homepage...how can i do that? Where is the html files for the other pages?

#2 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:01 PM

The default template is index.html for all pages. Exception are listed here: http://wiki.soholaun...older_and_files

For your purpose, you should 1) copy index.html to make home.html (keep the home page the same), then modify index.html (for other pages) to your liking.

#3 PFerreira

PFerreira

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:49 PM

Thanks, I changed index.html to home.html, but I cant see any of my other pages now. Why? like I have about us....any suggestions???

#4 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:55 PM

I did not say "change" index.html to home.html. I said "copy" index.html to home.html... It appears that you did not read my post and the document carefully.

Making reckless changes is always dangerous. You'd better know exactly what you are doing before you do it.

#5 PFerreira

PFerreira

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:04 AM

Sorry i did copy it & now it works....but I still don't know how to change say my about us page different than my services page?

#6 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:03 AM

The whole idea of a template is to promote consistency across all pages for your website. Having a different template for each page makes visiting your website an unnerving experience, and you might as well not have any template in the first place.

Having said that, the only way you want to have different template for each page is to assign the page to another template via sohadmin > open/edit page > page properties.

#7 springboard

springboard

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:23 AM

Our Power Plug plugin is actually designed to address this exact need. We've found that many designers do want the flexibility to change certain areas of the template without having to create a complete alternate template.

I should point out that you should have some experience creating or modifying templates in order to best take advantage of this plugin. You should at the least know some basic HTML and be willing to learn how to edit templates in order to use this plugin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users