#1 Catalyst-X

Catalyst-X

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 05:13 AM

Hi all,
From what I can tell SOHO launch looks like a great product.
Quick question I have a shared server reseller account with HSphere control panel and no root access.
Would I be able to install SOHOLaunch (be it manual) and licence it for my clients?
Can it be configured to use directory rewrite and get rid of the parameter strings for SEO?

Thanks
Geoff

#2 demostorm

demostorm

• Moderators
  • 205 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 03:06 PM

Hi all,
From what I can tell SOHO launch looks like a great product.
Quick question I have a shared server reseller account with HSphere control panel and no root access.
Would I be able to install SOHOLaunch (be it manual) and licence it for my clients?
Can it be configured to use directory rewrite and get rid of the parameter strings for SEO?

Thanks
Geoff

If your host does not license the software it probably would not be worth it to individually license it for each customer. Control Panel generally does not matter but hosts might be reluctant to offer something that has to be installed manually and to my knowledge only Fantastico available with Cpanel does aouto installs

I'd suggest an affordable managed VPS then you can get a server licence. Right now we are trying out Solarvps. New company but its support is really stellar.

Don't know about directory rewrite. Wait for Cameron on that one

#3 Cameron Allen

Cameron Allen

• Administrators
  • 671 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 04:06 PM

You can install Pro Edition without having root access, as long as you are able to 1) Upload files and change their owner/ permissions. 2) Create MYSQL databases.

Which parameter strings are you refering to? If you are talking about &SID in the URL we have changed this in the latest version so that the &SID tag only appears when viewing a page that requires the &SID (i.e. a secure page, shopping cart).
Cameron Allen
Director of Technical Services
Soholaunch.com Inc ...Website Building Made Easy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users