#1 HatchFunk

HatchFunk

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:58 PM

Another question,

How do I go about changing the width of the left and right column in the body of my page?

right now, the left, center and right columns are equal size. I would like to shrink the left and right column width so they have a smaller width than the center column of conent.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction

thx
If you like JAZZ FUNK MUSIC....

Feel free to check out my band and... Enjoy the Groove :wassup:

HATCH-FUNK

#2 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:16 PM

Soho page editor makes them equal width, as per this document: http://manual.sohola...p=&lang=english

The only way to get around this is to have only one text editor object in a given row, and construct columns within the text editor to your precise specifications.

#3 jimchicago

jimchicago

Soho Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:24 AM

Hi, I'm trying to do what you say in this thread (and others) in order to change the widths of the 3 columns for a given page.

Once I put ONE text editor in a given row, I click to open the editor, and then click on the "Insert table" icon, the "Insert/modify table" dialog opens. But then what do I do? There seems to be options for adjusting everything EXCEPT the widths of the three columns.

#4 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:09 AM

Let's say you want to create a table with three columns and one row. Create the table first. Place your cursor in one of the cells. Right click on it and select "table cell properties". Change the width there.

#5 jimchicago

jimchicago

Soho Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 01:54 PM

Thanks, but that did not work for me when I tried it. I can send you a .jpeg of how the screen looks when I right-click on one of the table cells, but I don't see an icon/tool for attaching files to my posts in this forum (that's a problem).

Do I have to be using a particular browser to get "table cell properties" when I right-click in one of the cells? I am using Opera at the moment.

#6 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 01:56 PM

What is your soho build? If it is old, you may want to do a software update.

#7 jimchicago

jimchicago

Soho Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:04 PM

Wow, you are quick on the reply. I checked Fantastico in my host's cPanel and it looks like I've intalled Soho 4.9.3 r17. Is that the latest version (or am I misunderstanding your "build" question)?

#8 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:42 PM

The current build is v4.9.3 r28 or 29, but yours is not that old. "table cell properties" is directly under "table properties" when right-clicking on a select cell. Make sure your cursor is in that cell first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users