10 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Morrison

Mike Morrison

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 03:47 PM

Hi Everybody,

In light of recent discussions, it seems like this community could benifit from some cut-and-dry guidelines on using promotional content from our website to market your Soholaunch offering.

It's a simple equation for us: the more sucessful you are, the more licenses you're going to buy. So we want to do everything we can to make it easy for you to generate lots of revenue with our product.

This is why our products are white-labeled. This is why every copy of Pro Edition has the built-in ability to act as a self-clearing 'live demo' site. This is why we developed the Users Manual Edition (our brandable online manual wizard). This is why we put together our marketing zip package (descriptive content, hi-res screenshots, and html promo layouts). This is why future versions of the Fantastico installer will allow you to design & deploy feature packages for Pro Edition.

And this is why we're beefing up the promo screens for disabled features in v4.8.2.

We want you to build slick, effective marketing campaigns. And to do that you're welcome to copy-paste, paraphrase, modify, and private-brand any and all taglines, feature descriptions, bullet points, and/or product screenshots you see on our website.

Speaking on behalf of Soholaunch and as the guy who personally created most of this content: "As long as you're using it to promote the Soholaunch product (or your branded version of it), you may treat our text and graphical marketing content as your own."

All that said, different rules apply to flash demo movies. We did not develop these. And, in accordance with the usage guidelines defined by their authors (namely DemoStorm and DemoDemo), you may not snag them to host on your own site nor link to our flash demo page from your site. In order to use them on your site in any way you must purchase them from DemoStorm / DemoDemo.

Ethics and legalities aside, both DemoStorm and DemoDemo are exceptionally pleasant companies to work with, and your relationship with them will far exceed in returns your small initial investment on the demos themselves.

That's my 2cents for now. Hope it helped. I'll leave this thread open for questions and clarifications.

#2 sinclair

sinclair

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 06:14 AM

these items you mentioned:

marketing zip package and the brandable online manual wizard?

And as re-seller why didn't I already know about these?

Thank you

#3 demostorm

demostorm

• Moderators
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 03:44 PM

hmm, I remember the manual being accessible through the partner area. Logged in to an old account and noticed it isn't there. Just in case some people don't know the manual in question can be seen here

http://promanual.soholaunch.com/

I presume its being updated and will become available witht the next release.

#4 demostorm

demostorm

• Moderators
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 03:47 PM

That's my 2cents for now. Hope it helped. I'll leave this thread open for questions and clarifications.

Thanks for the extra clarification Mike. Just wanted to let you know that it hasn't been an issue with the majority of Soholaunch users. To date we have only had one company that gave us significant problems. Generally Soholaunch attracts a much more forward thinking kind of host. If anything they tend to want even more branding customization for their respective companies.

#5 Ruben

Ruben

www.Sohotemplates.com

• Moderators
  • 584 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 10:20 PM

It would be great to have an updated manual version which we can install.
Ruben
Visit www.sohotemplates.com for your Soholaunch templates
High Quality StockPhoto's ! www.microstockphoto.com
Looking for High Quality Flash files? check Flashden!

#6 inanna

inanna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 04:27 AM

This is why our products are white-labeled. This is why every copy of Pro Edition has the built-in ability to act as a self-clearing 'live demo' site. This is why we developed the Users Manual Edition (our brandable online manual wizard). This is why we put together our marketing zip package (descriptive content, hi-res screenshots, and html promo layouts). .

Where do I find this marketing zip and brandable online manual wizard?

#7 Cameron Allen

Cameron Allen

• Administrators
  • 671 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 05:07 PM

We are giving our manual an overhaul, as it is not current with 4.8. We are working on this manual, and once it is complete we will make it available to all of our partners. The same goes for the marketing materials zip. Once this data is updated it will also be made available.
Cameron Allen
Director of Technical Services
Soholaunch.com Inc ...Website Building Made Easy

#8 2serveU.net

2serveU.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 03:17 AM

I was under the impression that DemoStorm was a reputable company, even though they did their best to slander my company for not purchasing their soholaunch tutorials quick enough. Well I tried to purchase them around Christmas when they offered them for $49, which sounded like a great deal. It's been about 2 months now, and I haven't received them or gotten an email.

I'm pretty patient, but I just realized that DemoStorm is not there now! I'm feeling RIPPED OFF !

[ Mike Morrison wrote:
Ethics and legalities aside, both DemoStorm and DemoDemo are exceptionally pleasant companies to work with, and your relationship with them will far exceed in returns your small initial investment on the demos themselves. ]

John Andresen
2serveU Hosting
www.2serveU.net

#9 Ruben

Ruben

www.Sohotemplates.com

• Moderators
  • 584 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 12:26 PM

John,

We had also ordered these tuturials, but because they could not deliver them anymore, i took contact with them and they refunded the amount i paid without any problems. im sure you don't have to worry about receiving your money back.

Ruben
Ruben

#10 2serveU.net

2serveU.net

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 11:53 PM

John,

We had also ordered these tuturials, but because they could not deliver them anymore, i took contact with them and they refunded the amount i paid without any problems. im sure you don't have to worry about receiving your money back.

Ruben

How did you contact them?

I tried emailing them at demo1q@comcast.net on 2/10/06 and have not heard back yet. Since their website doesn't work I didn't try emailing to their old address.

John Andresen
2serveU Hosting
www.2serveU.net

#11 Ruben

Ruben

www.Sohotemplates.com

• Moderators
  • 584 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 12:14 AM

I have send you a PM with his email address.
Ruben

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users