• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tony08

tony08

Soho Novice

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 12:42 PM

Hi , justmanaged to put together a Wine Tours website . Its important that it looks good to the customer and displays properly on their monitors, and of course is easily read. Its not 100% finished but if I remove the construction and insert the tel number I´m open for business.

What easy improvements could I make , is the font too big (size14 times roman), are there too any pictures? Is the page too wide ?

Is it ok or look too amateur ? Appreciate any comments .

www.valenciancellars.com

#2 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 12:51 PM

I think you did a great job. Congrats!

I do have one suggestion: Your images load slowly because they are much bigger than what they need to be. You should use an image editing software to resize them down.

#3 tony08

tony08

Soho Novice

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 02:29 PM

Thanks very much.

When you say say resize ,do you mean actually make the pictures appear smaller on the screen or reduce their file size before submitting to the editor. I just didn´t want to loss image quality so loaded directly from the original image . I´m not too clever on this aspect .

Tony

#4 matt420

matt420

• Moderators
  • 673 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:51 PM

great site tony,your site opens slowly i think because of the 1 big image on the home page,lwyau means the file size,your home photo is over 97kb,to resize pictures here is a good site-http://snipshot.com/ if you go to small then the quality wont be as good,most of your photos look good and not too big besides the one i mentioned,my photos at 500X500 are an average of 38kb,although in my file manager theres a red block beside some of them,meaning they still might be a bit big,hope this helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users