• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 icarrion

icarrion

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:24 PM

Ok haven't been here in awhile so waz up everyone! :)

The problem I'm having with version 4.9.x (current stable release as of today), is that when the admin creates a blog and then previews the page template shows but the blog content is blank.

I beleive it is related to a template but not sure what exactly. It works fine if I use a default template. My template is in tCustom directory named mytemplate2.html. The template works for everything else except the blog.

Is there anything special I need to do to get my default template to work with the blog manager?

BTW, my template already lists the #CONTENT# variable.

Thanks.

#2 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:24 PM

Where is the blog supposed to be displayed? There are two ways of using blogs: a) drag and drop the blog object onto your page, and B) use the #BOX# tag in the template, which of course appears on every page using the template.

Also, templates stored in "tCustom" folder is a very old method of designating templates. The regular place for storing your template is to store all template component files in its own folder here: sohoadmin/program/modules/site_templates/pages/template_name. This arrangement requires a lot more than just an HTML file. You can read up on how it is done here: http://wiki.soholaun...ustom_Templates.

#3 icarrion

icarrion

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:26 PM

Read the page and I think you meant #NEWSBOX# Just updated the template but still showing blank?

#4 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:29 PM

#NEWSBOX# is an older type of box, not as versatile as #BOX1#, #BOX2#, etc.

You manage #NEWBOX# on the bottom of the blog manager by associating the correct blog subject to it. The default is "Lastest News"

#5 icarrion

icarrion

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:46 PM

I'm still getting a blank content page. Nothing blog related works... only #content#. Soho support has suggested I redo the template in the new format.

#6 DrJon

DrJon

I was never confused....

• Moderators
  • 857 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:40 PM

Sounds like good advice to me :) Leh-Wen pretty much suggested the same too.

There have been so many changes to Soho since the time of tCustom, I reckon that's become just about predicated by now.
The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive. - Robert A. Heinlein
Soho, Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, etc Template & Web Design - Data Recovery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users