15 replies to this topic

#1 ZenStudios

ZenStudios

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:39 PM

I have made a couple of changes to the template one is to remove the #CUSTOMINC# call (that calls a newsletter textfield with a GO! button)
The other changes are minor graphical layout issues. within the css

However when I come to upload my zipped template, I get the following error:
Template Upload Error!

Please help,
nancy

#2 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:40 PM

Check the following possible causes:

1. Go to sohoadmin > help center > diagnostic > permissions. See if there is an error on "template lib" folder.

2. Make sure your template zipfile are zipped correctly: Each file component must have the template folder name in its path info.

#3 ZenStudios

ZenStudios

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:52 PM

There seems to be a problem Here:

Root Directory (public_html) 750 ogil9606 nobody no Failed

Error reports:
Owner and Group must be ogil9606 to function properly.

How do I correct this?

#4 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:44 PM

That may not be the problem.

Check permission for /sohoadmin/program/modules/site_templates/pages. If it's OK, then your zipfile may not contain the approrpiate path info.

#5 ZenStudios

ZenStudios

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:42 PM

My permission for /sohoadmin/program/modules/site_templates/pages IS OK, then how can I ensure that my zipfile contains the appropriate path info. I am uploading it via your platform. I've uploaded other without a problem.

PLEASE HELP!

I'm on a tight deadline, and need to upload those files asap.

Thank you in advance!

#6 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:23 PM

With windows explorer, right mouse click on the template directory name (templatename) and select winzip > add to templatename.zip

Open your zipfile and look at the right-most column "path". It should say "templatename\" for all files.

#7 ZenStudios

ZenStudios

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:56 PM

I'm sorry but I don't understand!
Why is this so complicated.

I'm not sure in what window you wtn me to right click on in Windows explorer since I'm trying to upload this ZIp within your platform. PLease clarify.

#8 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:42 PM

within your platform

Sorry it is our platform -- I don't work for soho and am just another user like you.

Did you look at the zipfile to make sure each component in the archive has "templatename\" in its path?

#9 ZenStudios

ZenStudios

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:46 PM

Hi I am having serious problems uploading a revised template. I keep getting Template Upload Errors. I have checked in the Zip file for the path as recommended below, BUT the path column is EMPTY!

What should I do?

Sorry but sometimes this works and other times (when you most need it to) it Doesn't!

Please help!
Thanks

#10 DrJon

DrJon

I was never confused....

• Moderators
  • 857 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:04 PM

Generally, I just upload templates (the individual files) using a good old fashioned ftp client.

Next time I log in to Sohoadmin, there's the template. Try that.
The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive. - Robert A. Heinlein
Soho, Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, etc Template & Web Design - Data Recovery

#11 flashy_ashleigh

flashy_ashleigh

Soho Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 02:05 AM

I am having the exact same problem.
I have uploaded templates with no trouble at all before, I made a change to my current one and when i went to re-upload it, I get 'Template Upload Error'.
Does ANYONE have a solution?

#12 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 02:29 PM

I made a change to my current one

What exactly did you do (what changes you made and how you packaged the template zipfile)?

#13 flashy_ashleigh

flashy_ashleigh

Soho Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:57 AM

What exactly did you do (what changes you made and how you packaged the template zipfile)?

All I did was change the background image and change some colours in the css file.

I also tried re-uploading the previous version of my template (that is currently working) and it also did not upload.

#14 affseofl2654

affseofl2654

Soho Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:03 PM

Hi I am having serious problems uploading a revised template. I keep getting Template Upload Errors. I have checked in the Zip file for the path as recommended below, BUT the path column is EMPTY!

What should I do?

Sorry but sometimes this works and other times (when you most need it to) it Doesn't!

Please help!
Thanks

Sorry it is our platform -- I don't work for soho and am just another user like you.

Did you look at the zipfile to make sure each component in the archive has "templatename\" in its path?

#15 ibsys2562

ibsys2562

Soho Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:06 AM

I am having the exact same problem.
I have uploaded templates with no trouble at all before, I made a change to my current one and when i went to re-upload it, I get 'Template Upload Error'.
Does ANYONE have a solution?

Generally, I just upload templates (the individual files) using a good old fashioned ftp client.

Next time I log in to Sohoadmin, there's the template. Try that.

#16 nikole.957

nikole.957

Soho Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:24 AM

I'm not sure in what window you wtn me to right click on in Windows explorer since I'm trying to upload this ZIp within your platform. PLease clarify.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users