5 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Armas

Mike Armas

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 25 May 2005 - 07:48 PM

links now work

is there a way to make the photo album not look that way it does.

I have two files the Old look.htm is the source code of the page i have.

http://www.geocities...k1/Old_look.htm

the New look.htm is the source code of what i want it to look like and have it work.

http://www.geocities...k1/New_look.htm

I want to be able to display the album i want the user to pick form a link. Like they click on baby pic a link on a web page. this is only opens that album and they can't change to mike pic with out haveing to click on a new link for it.

Is there anyway to have it work like this?

Or some code that can pull it off the database and i just have some custom code for each page and tell it to display the pic out of this database only.

#2 demostorm

demostorm

• Moderators
  • 205 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 08:04 PM

Your links don't work (at least from my location) so its hard to know what you have in mind. As far as I know there hasn't been too much discussion regarding the album functions so I would suspect there is no available code in existence right now to modify how it works.

Standalone gallery applications like Menalto's galleyr or coppermine (both available through Fantastico) would have community forums where you might fine user code to achieve different looks.

#3 Mike Armas

Mike Armas

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 25 May 2005 - 08:40 PM

Is there a good site for php photo album that uses soho database so it's easy to use.

#4 Mike Armas

Mike Armas

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 25 May 2005 - 09:36 PM

Is there a way to make the photo album load the album i want the use to see.

So the user doesn't have to click on the change album bottum

#5 SteveR

SteveR

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 03:27 PM

Is there a way to make the photo album load the album i want the use to see.

So the user doesn't have to click on the change album bottum

I have found that it is often easier to change the presentation of the object (in this case, the photo album) than change how the object functions. You may want to play with the logic of your site (i.e.; how you want people to access your pictures) and play with the text on the Photo album page itself. You could change what the button says, the instructions on the photo album, etc...Anyway, it is something to consider when you want to integrate these features with your website. I have to do that kind of thing for my customers pretty frequently; it's not that big a deal. Of course, you could just use one of those free php photo album scripts, but you would have to customize that for your site, too...

So the answer is, there are no answers :P Good luck.

-Steve

#6 ritchie

ritchie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 01:24 AM

I agree with Nuke -- I came to the forum tonight looking for exactly the same answer -- wondering if there was a way to code a page so that it brings up a particular album instead of the menu of albums....Based on what I have seen done in Soho it seems like a relatively easy thing to accomplish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users