3 replies to this topic

#1 ashaec

ashaec

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:25 AM

hi all,

this is the first website i have built. (some bugs, misalignment here and there)
Would really appreciate any suggestions and comments on the layout, presentation, view, etc.....

#2 DrJon

DrJon

I was never confused....

• Moderators
  • 857 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:14 AM

It's veeeeeeeery wide! I have a huge monitor and can only view it without sidways scrolling at full size and at 1280x1024 resolution.

People using a resolution lower than that are really going to struggle. Looking at my web stats for all the sites I have hosted, it seems like the most common resolution being used is 1024x768.

The rather comic looking font used in the headings for the small boxes I don't reckon is appropriate for a serious site.. a graphic designer friend of mine (now well over 50 and very successful) says that if you use more than two fonts in any presentation, the design has failed!). For a serious site, he reckons to use just one font throughout; what do I know? He earns more than me :(

I dunno whether he's right or wrong, but it is a lot easier on the eye.

Well, that's my 2 cents...
The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive. - Robert A. Heinlein
Soho, Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, etc Template & Web Design - Data Recovery

#3 Blues

Blues

If 6 was 9

• Moderators
  • 771 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:36 AM

Hi Ashaec,

Just to follow on from DrJon comments regarding the display size, here is a link for stats on browser display sizing:

http://www.w3schools...ers_display.asp

HTH
:uh:
Life, n.:
A whim of several billion cells to be you for a while.
Our Lighting Store

#4 ashaec

ashaec

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:13 AM

hi all,

thanks for the advice. appreciate it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users