12 replies to this topic

#1 bubs1973

bubs1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:56 PM

Hi Guys
Just logged on for the 1st time, i am having trouble uploading templates, they say it's uploaded but in the dropdown every one i do has () at the side & says not in pro format.
I have read about renaming the files but renaming to what?, and what files do i have to rename.
Really struggling guys, this is my 1st website and i need it to look good, like i said ive seen loads of free ones, just cant upload them.

Please help
many thanks in advance
mark

#2 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:23 PM

Did you do your own template? Having "()" on the side should be fine.

You should name your template's folder to "category-sub_category-color". Exmple: "Custom-My_Website-None". And when you zip your template folder, each file in it needs to have the folder name in the path. You can see if it is the case just by opening up the zipfile and see.

#3 bubs1973

bubs1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:32 PM

Leh-Wen Yau
Hi
I have just done that, i named a folder Custom-My_Website-Purple. Checked the files inside and they had the same path.
Uploaded it to soholaunch, same thing happens, i can see it in the dropdown but all i gat is blank screen and says wrong format.

regards
mark

#4 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:56 PM

Then perhaps your template is not in the right format...

Sorry for an obvious question: Do you have a "#CONTENT#" tag? If you do, post your url so folks can take a look.

#5 bubs1973

bubs1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:25 PM

Sorry to sound thick, but what do you mean content tag?

#6 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:39 PM

It tells soho the location to insert the page content from what you put in the page editor. It is required for all soho templates.

#7 bubs1973

bubs1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:09 PM

so where would i find it?

#8 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:18 PM

Did you create these templates yourself, or you purchased it from somewhere.

If it is the former, you should know what #CONTENT# tag is. If, OTOH, it is the latter, they should work.

Which is it?

#9 bubs1973

bubs1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:26 PM

i didnt make the site myself, its a free template from another site

#10 matt420

matt420

• Moderators
  • 673 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:32 PM

freebie templates dont work with soho unless there from the addon site,you would have to modify it to get the other working witth soho,this would prob be hard(for me anyway)
sorry bubs for the bad news,check out the templates on the addon site,theres quite a few

#11 Mike Armas

Mike Armas

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 05 June 2008 - 05:21 PM

If you want to make your own template you should try my templates. There the only soho template that let you change anything and every thing in the template with out now ANY computer code.

Try the Demo link below the new 2.9 just came out and it keeps getting better. And look at the reviews a great template with 100 things to change with just a few click away.

The most customizable templates for soho and the top selling template on soho addon site. Read the reviews and All UPDATES are free. Also the only plug-in that lets you edit templates with out programing.
Free Demo | username = demo | Password = demo
Also take a look at a map where all my customers live. Google Map
The All new SuperBasic 6.0 is out works on Pro and Ultra also Soho-CSS-Editor-1.4 the only plug-in that lets you edit soho template. You also will want to get the new Soho-Backup with Dropbox
Soho-Backup with Dropbox | Soho-CSS-Editor 1.4 | SuperBasic 6.0 | Soho-CSS-Editor-1.0 Demo

#12 DrJon

DrJon

I was never confused....

• Moderators
  • 857 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:21 PM

However..... if it is a Soho template (which I'm still not clear about) the reason you get the blank window is that there is no screen shot of the template included - I never make a screen shot of the templates I make for sites, so consequently never see them.

I often get the message that it's not a Soho template as well, I just ignore that usually, cos I know it is!!

The #CONTENT# tag can be seen in the code of the index.html file of the template you're using.

You do have an index.html file for the template you are using don't you?
The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive. - Robert A. Heinlein
Soho, Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, etc Template & Web Design - Data Recovery

#13 bubs1973

bubs1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:11 PM

Thanks Guys
Sorry for the delay in my response, your help is much appreciated.
Mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users