11 replies to this topic

#1 babbaleon

babbaleon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:01 PM

Hi,

I have just purchased the Superbasic template and all is wonderful except I cannot seem to make the body of the homepage background white. I have made the template background a different colour but it's also in the background of the body of the homepage. I want to keep the background colour I have right now, but change the body to white - how do I do this without it all turning the same colour?

Thanks!

Catherine

#2 Mike Armas

Mike Armas

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:14 PM

Hello babbaleon,

I will be happy to help you. Now the background come white when you first install it.

Let me get this right you have change the background to a color BUT want to keep the content background color white ?

So makeing it have 2 backgrounds ?

The most customizable templates for soho and the top selling template on soho addon site. Read the reviews and All UPDATES are free. Also the only plug-in that lets you edit templates with out programing.
Free Demo | username = demo | Password = demo
Also take a look at a map where all my customers live. Google Map
The All new SuperBasic 6.0 is out works on Pro and Ultra also Soho-CSS-Editor-1.4 the only plug-in that lets you edit soho template. You also will want to get the new Soho-Backup with Dropbox
Soho-Backup with Dropbox | Soho-CSS-Editor 1.4 | SuperBasic 6.0 | Soho-CSS-Editor-1.0 Demo

#3 babbaleon

babbaleon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 02:45 PM

Hi Mike!

Yes, I'm happy with the template background but I want the body of the homepage to be white - I just want it to look separate from the background. Do I need to create a new table? My site is www.mammamia.ie (looks terrible right now but I'm working on it) if you want to see it - the section where I have "Welcome blah blah blah" is the section I want white background, plus everything in this fixed width section (sidebar included). Can this be done? I'm trying to set the menu bar to be purple - that aint working out either! God I'm thinking I might pay you to design a website for me!!

Babbaleon

#4 Mike Armas

Mike Armas

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:07 PM

You can change the background color of the content useing soho text editor. You can set it when your entering text for that page set it to white background but don't make the text white when you can see anything.

You can change the sidebar background color using the plug-in.

You can change the menu text colors also using the plug-in. And make the menu height the same height has the image you added. So then the image will not repeat down.

The most customizable templates for soho and the top selling template on soho addon site. Read the reviews and All UPDATES are free. Also the only plug-in that lets you edit templates with out programing.
The All new SuperBasic 6.0 is out works on Pro and Ultra also Soho-CSS-Editor-1.4 the only plug-in that lets you edit soho template. You also will want to get the new Soho-Backup with Dropbox
Soho-Backup with Dropbox | Soho-CSS-Editor 1.4 | SuperBasic 6.0 | Soho-CSS-Editor-1.0 Demo

#5 babbaleon

babbaleon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:15 PM

Thanks so much Mike I'll give that a try!:)

#6 babbaleon

babbaleon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:40 AM

Hi Mike,

I followed your instructions yesterday and it didnt work...maybe I'm doing something wrong but I cannot seem to set the template area to white and the background a different colour/image. When I set the background to a specific colour, the content area turns the same colour. Its driving me nuts! The only way I seem to be able to do it is by inserting a text box - but that looks awful because the sizing is all out of sync with the header etc.

Can you help at all?

Thanks

Catherine

#7 Mike Armas

Mike Armas

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:42 PM

email me your soho username and password for your site

#8 DrJon

DrJon

I was never confused....

• Moderators
  • 857 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:30 PM

When you go to edit pages, select the page you waqnt to edit and look at the buttons at the top of the admin panel (where you normall click save etc), there is one called Page Properties.

Click on this and select 'Backgound' - you can enter White of even a hex code for specific colours.
The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive. - Robert A. Heinlein
Soho, Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, etc Template & Web Design - Data Recovery

#9 babbaleon

babbaleon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:16 PM

Mike I will email you my username etc straightaway - Jon, thanks for your reply but this doesnt work either. I have set the template image to a specific jpeg image in the template manager but it comes through into the content page also. When I use the page properties option it just wont work.

If you have any other ideas pls share them!

Thanks for all your help anyway,

Babbaleon

#10 Mike Armas

Mike Armas

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:54 PM

When you go to edit pages, select the page you waqnt to edit and look at the buttons at the top of the admin panel (where you normall click save etc), there is one called Page Properties.

Click on this and select 'Backgound' - you can enter White of even a hex code for specific colours.

Hey thank you but looks like that only works if you click not to use a template for that page.

babbaleon,

You are right it doesn't work i will be happy to edit the code so that you can have two colors. I will also be adding this to the new 2.9 ver of the template and plug-in.

So then anyone can pick there content background color and the web page background image or color.

If you need this done right now i will be happy to do it. Or you can wait untill the new ver in the next few days.

Also i don't do custom design work. But you can email lwyau@wsiintelligentweb.com he does nice work and would like to help you.

#11 babbaleon

babbaleon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:58 PM

Thanks Mike - what day is the new version coming out? If it's by Friday this week then I can wait...thanks

Catherine

#12 DrJon

DrJon

I was never confused....

• Moderators
  • 857 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 08:15 AM

Yeah, I discovered that after playing around with it Mike... I guess it's a template/css tweak then...
The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive. - Robert A. Heinlein
Soho, Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, etc Template & Web Design - Data Recovery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users