7 replies to this topic

#1 chuckdet

chuckdet

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 04:00 AM

Here are a few sites I have put up, I cant be responsible for the content anymore as I have turned most of them over to the organization that requested the sites.

www.pihlweb.com
www.scoziosfestpa.com
www.pennsvillebaptist.com
www.dewelectric.com
www.uscl.info
www.michaelfund.org

I really like what you can do with this software.

#2 ruch1v

ruch1v

Soho Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 05:54 PM

Hey great sites, best i've seen on here so far, quick question though, how did you change the background colour where the main writing etc? this is my site www.timeless-tees.co.uk and cant seem to get rid of the whiteness, i tried going to edit pages, page proporties and changing the custom colour but nothing changes, your help would be much appreciated

thanks

#3 DrJon

DrJon

I was never confused....

• Moderators
  • 857 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 08:29 PM

ruch1v: that's controlled by the template index.html or the custom.css
The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive. - Robert A. Heinlein
Soho, Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, etc Template & Web Design - Data Recovery

#4 DrJon

DrJon

I was never confused....

• Moderators
  • 857 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 08:32 PM

Here are a few sites I have put up

Some nice stuff :)

Couple of them looked real easy for ya though ;)
The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive. - Robert A. Heinlein

#5 ruch1v

ruch1v

Soho Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 10:09 PM

ruch1v: that's controlled by the template index.html or the custom.css

thanks, but how do i go about that? i made the template with the template builder in soho

thanks

#6 DrJon

DrJon

I was never confused....

• Moderators
  • 857 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 11:32 PM

The template should be stored in /public_html/sohoadmin/program/modules/site_templates/pages/templatename

Where templatename is the name of the template. Download both files to your PC, keep a backup and edit them there.

#7 ruch1v

ruch1v

Soho Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:14 AM

The template should be stored in /public_html/sohoadmin/program/modules/site_templates/pages/templatename

Where templatename is the name of the template. Download both files to your PC, keep a backup and edit them there.

i see, i tried it but how do i download it to my pc, right click. save picture as? also what method do i use to edit? sorry for all the dumb questions but this is the first site iv made and im just starting out

thanks

#8 DrJon

DrJon

I was never confused....

• Moderators
  • 857 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 08:27 AM

You ned an ftp client to log in to your server to download and upload files - or use the file manager in cPanel.

To edit the html file, use a good html editor; likewise with the css file (I use dreamweaver for editng css - it's almost wysiwyg in that you can see the colours of items in the tool bar when you click on them in the code window).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users