5 replies to this topic

#1 hostful

hostful

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 05:28 PM

I just installed a new site. Nothing comes up but a blank page?

#2 hostful

hostful

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 05:38 PM

I just installed a new site. Nothing comes up but a blank page?

I don't know why, but uninstalled and installed again......works!

#3 jcnelson

jcnelson

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 05:33 AM

Just to add some more information to this thread that might help track down the problem.

I just had this happen on another new site. It shows the page when I put in the www.domain.com however a blank page shows without the www.

#4 jcnelson

jcnelson

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 06:03 PM

We just had this happen to yet another customer. This is a huge problem for this one since the customer has spent the last four weeks creating their site. We can not simply uninstall and reinstall without them having to start over. Does anyone have a fix for this?

#5 demostorm

demostorm

• Moderators
  • 205 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 06:39 PM

We just had this happen to yet another customer. This is a huge problem for this one since the customer has spent the last four weeks creating their site. We can not simply uninstall and reinstall without them having to start over. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Unfortunately I do not know the answer to that question but I wanted to chime in that it is seldom necessay for a client to have to start over.. We have been able to save select files and reproduce entire sites from one installation to other sites. Have not done it in awhile but if its of interest I can poke around and refresh my memory of what those files were.

#6 jcnelson

jcnelson

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 08:54 PM

Thanks demostorm, I really appreciate the help.

We have been doing some testing on how to reproduce this issue and think we may have an answer as to why this happens. I will post it later if it we can reproduce it more than just a few times.

I am just a little paranoid about doing a reinstall on this customer, since they have several pages and have worked on it for so long. The truth is, they don't even know that the site can not be accessed without the www yet. I am trying to find a way to fix it before it becomes an issue.

If you have any suggestions, I would be very grateful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users