• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Trinzia

Trinzia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:29 PM

Well after searching for quite a while, I did find a Reseller program on your site. However, when I open the Terms and Conditions it says:

"When You install this Soholaunch software Your end user can use the basic features free of charge, but You and Your end users are prohibited from using the advanced features (currently the shopping cart, db manager, secure users, backup/restore, newsletter, event calendar, blog manager) unless they are individually licensed and paid for by the domain owner through Soholaunch or on a server-wide basis by You."

I am not interested in this product without the Advanced Features included. Nor can I find anywhere the price for them. Nor can I find a Reseller package which includes them.

I find your website lacking the content I need. Also, I think that the price is already too high, the reseller commission should be higher, and the Advanced Features should be included.

Further lacking in the website is the ability to view the source code, or review tutorials about creating templates, so I can know how difficult this will be.

Also, in the demo version, I was unable to create a page or section, which would be accessible only to approved users who have logged in.

As a small website designer, I would like to have a system for my customers which allows them to edit their own pages, update calendar, have registered users, upload files or add a products section, etc. However, I cannot sell them something for which I do not know the price.

#2 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 05:02 PM

The pricing is listed here: https://info.soholau...com/Buy_Now.php. Click on "web hosting companies" tab to see server-based licensing.

I don't work for Soholaunch. You should contact Jim Buckler, soho sales on this forum directly for more details via PM or email.

#3 Jim Buckler

Jim Buckler

Soholaunch Sales

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:42 PM

Hello, Trinzia. Thanks for posting your questions and comments. I'll try to help. As Leh-Wen suggested you are welcome to be in touch with me directly as well if you wish.

"Resellers" have several options to fully license the software:
1) There is the ability to purchase single domain licenses and install them on whatever hosting server(s) they wish. The current cost is either $149 each or $90 each when purchased 10 at a time.
2) If the Reseller uses either their own VPS or dedicated server they can license via our ProServer licenses which start with the ProServer 100. This license allows up to 100 sites on the licensed server with all of them having access to the advanced features. The current subscription price is $100/month. There is a further discount offered if your VPS or dedicated server uses certain other hosting automation software.
3) The free option does start off with a 15 day trial of all the features, but if the domain is not fully licensed within that time period the advanced features become disabled and Google ads are inserted.
4) For resellers or end users who do not directly license from Soholaunch, we do offer an Affiliate system. Those who directly refer customers to Soholaunch currently earn 15% of single license purchases.

I'm sorry that you think our pricing is "too high." We think it offers an incredible value. You may not agree with us, but hopefully you will ultimately discover the value we think it has after some experience using Soholaunch.

Source code is open for viewing (and editing) for installed / licensed sites. We don't recommend modifying actual source code because it makes individual website upgrades more difficult and risky, but Soholaunch supports PHP Includes which can be used for very sophisticated site modifications with minimal difficulty and/or risk.

Tutorials are available for viewing from our website at http://info.soholaun...lder/tutorials/ and also from within each installation of Soholaunch.

If you want to install Soholaunch for a test directly to your existing hosting server you can download our auto-installer from http://info.soholaun...ilder/download/ . Just follow the instructions and, if your server is configured to accept installation of Soholaunch, you have 15 days of free use to evaluate it's functionality.

Instructions on how to construct custom templates and how to create custom programming plugins can be found on our wiki - http://wiki.soholaunch.com and from our Addons site, http://addons.soholaunch.com .

The Secure Users section of Soholaunch allows you to create logins for Groups and Individual Users who are members of the created groups. After creating those Groups and Users each page on a site can be password protected as well as individual items in the shopping cart, individual events in the Event Calendar, individual db search routines, etc. For Admin users there are rules you can set for each admin - single pages, individual db tables, certain features, etc. This is accessed through the Webmaster login.

Soholaunch allows for each of the items you identified as important to you as a small website designer. I hope you will take some time to register for and attend one of our free webinars, so you can receive a personalized "guided tour." You can register for a webinar from the Home Page of our website, www.soholaunch.com .

Thank you for your interest in Soholaunch. I hope these comments have been helpful to you and I hope you will ultimately come to love the software we have developed.
Jim Buckler
Soholaunch Sales
[email=""]sales@soholaunch.com[/email]

+1 678-261-4030 x611 US/International
Soholaunch Website Builder

#4 Trinzia

Trinzia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:21 PM

Hi and thank you for your time.

"When You install this Soholaunch software Your end user can use the basic features free of charge, but You and Your end users are prohibited from using the advanced features (currently the shopping cart, db manager, secure users, backup/restore, newsletter, event calendar, blog manager) unless they are individually licensed and paid for by the domain owner through Soholaunch or on a server-wide basis by You."

What does this mean? It is in the reseller agreement. If I resell this product, does my customer get the advanced features?

$149 is more than my customers pay for their yearly hosting, including my design and updates right now. (I have a reseller account on HostGator.) I have most of them on Joomla at the moment. It's not noob-friendly, but it is free. I think many of my customers would be put off by $149. These are all very small businesses. As a reseller, I'd much prefer something like $90 base price, but I don't have $900 to invest up-front to get that price.

Is there any other way, as a reseller, to get a better price? Meaning if I don't have the investment money, but could sell anywhere from 10-100 copies, can my customers get a better price then? Any plans to make a more graduated reseller agreement any time soon?

Oh and, does the price include future updates (assuming Soho, like everyone else, will be migrating to XHTML and CSS 2)?

#5 Jim Buckler

Jim Buckler

Soholaunch Sales

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:45 PM

1) Soholaunch is server software that is licensed and installed on a domain specific basis. If you buy a single license for your customer's domain or if that domain is hosted on your licensed server then the end user has full access to the Soholaunch features.

2) Most businesses and non-profit organizations who want the features offered in Soholaunch find our pricing very affordable. If that is not the case with your customer base there isn't much of a way for us to accommodate them. We have worked out programs with others who have started with one or two licenses, but quickly - like within 60 days maximum - have reached the $900 purchase amount (at $149 each). Once $900 (just over the cost of 6 site licenses) is reached we then populate their Partner account with the additional inventory (4 licenses) at no extra cost.

The individual licenses can be upgraded at no additional cost anytime within one year from date of installation. If you are a subscription customer (ProServer) then upgrades are available to your clients without a time restriction.
Jim Buckler
Soholaunch Sales

#6 Trinzia

Trinzia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:36 PM

Thanks ~ quick question.
Where will I find a technical support forum. For example, I would like to know if I can allow the user to choose a background logo image, by placing something in custom.css, in the background. For example:

#container {
background: #333333 url(#LOGO#) no-repeat;
}

Of course, I'm sure #LOGO# won't work in this context. Where can I look up questions like this?
Thanks.

#7 Tom Farrow

Tom Farrow

Soholaunch Sales

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:39 PM

Go to http://wiki.soholaun...ustom_Templates
Tom Farrow
Soholaunch Marketing/Public Relations

+1 678-261-4030 x615 US/International

#8 Trinzia

Trinzia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:08 PM

Yes, Jim said that already, but if that page is not enough help, then where do I go?

#9 Jim Buckler

Jim Buckler

Soholaunch Sales

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:17 PM

Hi,
Those type of questions can be asked and/or researched on this forum. Response may be slow here, but usually one of the expert users will assist. If you are a ProServer licensee this type of question can be issued to our tech team in a Support Ticket from your Partner login. Another possibility is for you to get some operational answers by attending one of our free informational webinars. A spot can be reserved from our Home Page at www.soholaunch.com . Those webinars are not intended to be highly technical sessions, but many folks have found them very helpful.

Thanks.
Jim Buckler
Soholaunch Sales

#10 Trinzia

Trinzia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:50 PM