flash template

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 matt420

matt420

• Moderators
  • 673 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:54 AM

i am trying to upload a flash template from a freebie website except everytime i do and try to upload through template manager it says the template wont work in pro edition is there any site that offers easy free flash templates to download that dont require html knowledge as im not that great at doing any of that or maybe a easy flash template builder thanks to anyone that replies

#2 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:08 PM

The short answer is that flash templates are not compatible with soho.

For that matter, generic HTML templates are not compatible with soho either, though they can be modified to become soho template in most cases. Flash templates? There is no way to do it.

#3 Mike Armas

Mike Armas

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:03 PM

well i wouldn't say no way to do a flash template.

I am working on getting a Template monster full flash template in soho. Most thing will not work like menu system but i am working on getting the content to work.

#4 matt420

matt420

• Moderators
  • 673 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:29 PM

so i cannot put a flash template on my site thats weird because i already found a site hosted by hhostpapa thats using a flash template and if i cant so how do i get different templates besides the ones already on hostpapa

#5 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:59 PM

If you are talking about the inclusion of a flash component on a soho template, it can easily be done but then again that is different than a flash template...

You can find all sorts of soho templates (free or otherwise) here: http://addons.sohola....com/templates/

#6 matt420

matt420

• Moderators
  • 673 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 06:02 AM

I dont get the part on soholaunch in the template manager and then to upload a custom template when i click on the question mark it says to rename the template folder to (category-sub_category-color) i dont really understand this part i want this template from www.hooverwebdesign.com/free_templates.html its the stone themed one and when i download it the folder name is homefree59.zip what would i rename this to make it my template for all pages ,when i just upload it via custom template upload as it is it says template uploaded and then theres 4 different templates and they all say cannot be used in pro edition THANKS TO EVERYBODY THATS REPLIED also is there some type of template builder out there thats easy to use and possibly free thanks again

#7 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:38 PM

As I mentioned in my first reply to your original post, generic templates are not readily usable with soho. They need to be converted into soho templates.

#8 matt420

matt420

• Moderators
  • 673 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 04:45 AM

As you can tell im not that great at doing all this as its my first website for my buisness,so how do i change or convert the template so it works with soholaunch or am i stuck with the templates that they provide

#9 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:13 PM

To build or customize a template for soho, you will need working knowledge in both image editing software (such as photoshop or similar), and HTML/css (with optional skills in javascript and PHP scripting for advanced features.)

The place to start is to read this document: http://wiki.soholaun...ustom_Templates. It contains all the details regarding soho template constructs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users