6 replies to this topic

#1 PC

PC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:46 PM

Hi,

I am trying to change the default link color (from the reddish brown it is currently) and the fact that it is underlined.

I have written a custom.css and had a lot of success (with the help of this forum) in customizing my template and the menus but anytime I insert a hyperlink into the main template the default behavior take precedence over my code (this happens only for hyperlinks)

Please tell me what I need to change in order to achive the result I want. I am capable of changind php files as well as css file's.

Regards,
PC

#2 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:56 PM

Post your url so people can see your .css file and offer solutions.

#3 PC

PC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:08 PM

My url is www.vitalwares.ca

Regards,
PC

#4 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:10 AM

Your custom.css (sohoadmin/program/modules/site_templates/pages/NEUTRAL-PinStripes-Black/custom.css) does not have any specs for link colors. You can add something like the following:
a:link {color: #CC900E; text-decoration:underline; border-bottom:1px solid #A7390D;}
a:visited {color: #CC900E; text-decoration:underline; border-bottom:1px solid #A7390D;}
a:hover {color: #FFC618; text-decoration:underline; border-bottom:1px solid #DE920D;}
a:active {color: #FFC618; text-decoration:underline; border-bottom:1px solid #DE920D;}
to control the colors, underline (or not), etc.

#5 PC

PC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:09 AM

Thank you Leh-Wen Yau,

I (and others) would have been so lost without the help of this forum and members like you!

Regards,
PC

#6 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 12:22 PM

The pleasure is all mine!

#7 PC

PC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 09:53 PM

Hi Leh-Wen Yau and others,

Can you also please send me css code snippet for controlling images within a particular class and or across the board.

In fact if there is a real loaded custom.css file that someone might have please post it, its easy to read code and learn.

Thanks Much Appreciated!

Regards,
PC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users