• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Tracy

Tracy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 07:56 AM

Here I am, once again, with hat in hand asking for your assistance...

I have just come back to work on my website after being away for a few weeks and have encountered a new problem. :yikes: I've logged onto my soho control panel and tried to add new products to my shopping cart. I add the product, but when I try to save it goes to the "loading" screen and stays there indefinitely. I've tried to do this several times with the same results. I go to the shopping cart option to Edit current products and it too, goes to and stays on, the loading screen. Not sure it this was just a shopping cart issue, I went to try to edit a page - same thing happened. I tried to go to the Help Center to run a Diagnostic... There the Global Settings comes up showing everything as OK, but when I click on Permissions and/or Server Settings nothing opens for either of them. :whatever:

I went to my actual website, and everything seems to be working fine there. I'm no expert for sure, but I also find no issues with my server - (but most of my problems end up having to do with them, so I wouldn't be surprised if the trail leads back to them LOL).

Any ideas or suggestions as to what may be causing this problem and how I can fix it? :geek: Thanks for your time, I really appreciate any help you offer!

#2 dresswell

dresswell

Soho Dog

• Administrators
  • 3,408 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 01 January 2008 - 03:11 PM

Hi tracy what build are you running?
dresswell

#3 Tracy

Tracy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 05:46 PM

Thanks for responding!
I am running v4.9.2 r17

#4 dresswell

dresswell

Soho Dog

• Administrators
  • 3,408 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 01 January 2008 - 05:48 PM

Do you have any products in your cart?
dresswell

#5 Tracy

Tracy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 06:09 PM

I have around 50 to 75 products in my cart in 8 different categories. But at this point am unable to add more.
I first noticed the problem when trying to work with adding products, but the issue seems to be universal for me in trying to do ANYTHING via the control panel at this point. I can't create a new page or edit an old one without the same problem. When I logged on this morning to get the version I'm running, it took me several tries to even get the initial soho admin page to come up. When I finally got the pop-up window for the control panel, it showed the page wouldn't load... ??? I retried, and finally got to my control panel - it just doesn't want to cooperate with me.
Thanks for your time and help!

#6 dresswell

dresswell

Soho Dog

• Administrators
  • 3,408 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 01 January 2008 - 06:21 PM

I have to step out for an 1 or2 hours.
I will check in when i get back.
While im gone you may want to try this
it sometimes fixes this type of problems.
Reinstall the v4.9.2 r17
Go to your sohoadmin page and reinstall.
I know thats what your runnung now
just do an update anyway.You wont loose anything.
dresswell

#7 Tracy

Tracy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 07:15 PM

dresswell, you know I love you darlin' :heart: ...but before I follow your advise I want to ask a couple more questions.:rolleyes:

I hesitate only because I have had so many problems between my lovely server and the ability to use soho. So before I do a reinstall I want to see if there may be another option. (I've already had to start over twice and really don't want to have to do that again!):sigh:

I have been using soho without any problems or issues since my last install. Why would it change? Did myself, my server, or soho make changes that would affect my ability to use soho? Is there any other option to fix the issue besides the reinstall? :confused: If not, I will follow your advise.... :hmm: I just don't want to... LOL

I know you're away for a while, and will wait to hear back from you before I do anything. As always, I appreciate your time and effort in helping me!

#8 dresswell

dresswell

Soho Dog

• Administrators
  • 3,408 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 01 January 2008 - 07:39 PM

You will be fine if you do this.
You will not loose anything.
Your not reinstalling the softwear
you are just updating it.
If you want and i would
make a backup before.
Go to your sohoadmin>webmaster>
softwear update>check for updates>
click on v4.9.2 r17 >install now.
Log out and back in and see if that dont do it for ya.
dresswell

#9 Tracy

Tracy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 01:56 AM

Here are probably 4 of your favorite words :ehheh: :

dresswell, You were right! :sweet:

I followed your directions and things are now working fine for me once again.

THANK YOU!!! :D

#10 dresswell

dresswell

Soho Dog

• Administrators
  • 3,408 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:13 AM

You did say you loved me,hehehe.
dresswell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users