30 replies to this topic

#1 durostd

durostd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 01:49 PM

I had no problem developing and using forms before the latest "improvement" to the form developer. Now I get the following error message after developing and attempting to save a form....Can't save the current form..Check permissions on the '/home2/scalefig/media' folder to make sure php has write permissions. Some guidance would be greatly appreciated.

#2 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 02:25 PM

You can check if you have a write permission issue with the "media" folder in two ways:

1. Go to sohoadmin > help center > diagnostic > permissions to see if it reports any issue with the folder;

2. Go to sohoadmin > file manager and upload a non-image file (such as .txt) to see if it succeeds.

If you do have a permission issue, Step 1 above should indicate the correct permission to be given to the "media" folder.

#3 durostd

durostd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 12:52 AM

As instructed, I determined the following files were not writable: /images; /media; /template; /custom. All showed the permission to be "755" and the owner to be "scalefig" (me). I added my ftp id and password and followed the instructions to fix the permissions. However, even after rebooting, the files remain unwritable. Other files wich are writable have permission "755" but the owner and Group is "nobody". Please advise

#4 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 02:12 AM

Did you make the permissions 777?

#5 durostd

durostd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 07:15 PM

I ran the permissions fix program provided in sohoadmin. The program does not allow the user to change the permissions. I thought the fix program made the changes. Isn't that why i provided my FTP userID and password? All my file permissions are set to 755. The only difference between the files that are and are not writable is the owner and group designation. Writable files have "nobody" as the owner and group while the non writable files have "scalefig". if i FTP to the site and change the permissions myself where do I locate the permissions? Do I need to change all my permissions to owner=nobody and "777"?

#6 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 04:05 AM

What was the result of your running sohoadmin permission fix? Did it actually fix permissions for the folders?

As it stands, you need to make the permission to the "media" folder (and others) to 777 since you are the owner and the current permission of 755 prevents PHP writing to it. You cannot change the owner to "nobody" but your host can do it for you if you want to keep its permission as 755.

A more interesting question only your host can answer is that how did you ever successfully create forms before? It would have to write to the "media" folder just the same.

#7 durostd

durostd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:41 AM

Finally got the forms development and save problem fixed. The site guys changed all the permissions to 777. However, another problem has surfaced. Once a form is created and saved, attempts to put the form on a page have been without success. When I open the page in edit and drag the form icon to the center column, it opens a dialop box giving me the opportunity to choose the form I want inserted. After selection, I save the result and get, not the form but the following notation: "CUSTOM FORM OBJECT..The object should be centered on a row alone with no objects left or right of it for optimal dispay." Why isn't the form displayed?

#8 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 01:50 PM

That is how the form object is represented in the drop zone on the page editor. The actual form should show up on the page when you display or preview it.

#9 durostd

durostd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 02:17 PM

I understand that....however, when I exit and go to the site and click on "contact" what I described previously appears...not the form itself. I've tried several different versions of the form but with the same result. You can see for yourself by going to my website http://www.scalefighter.com and clicking on the menu icon to the extreem right, labeled "CONTACT"

#10 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 02:49 PM

Check sohoadmin > webmaster > business information to see what's in "default domain name to display". If it says "70.85.82.84/~scalefig", change it to your real domain name. While you are at it, put in a good email address as well.

You may also need to check the value of "this_ip" in sohoadmin/config/isp.conf.php file for the same thing.

#11 durostd

durostd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 06:13 PM

I made the change you suggested. However, I still can't get the form to display on the page???

#12 dresswell

dresswell

Soho Dog

• Administrators
  • 3,411 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 31 December 2007 - 06:27 PM

What build are you running? v4.9.2 r17
Is the lastest i would up date first.
If you go to your sohoadmin>database tables>system tables>
Look at both form fields and form properties to see if there
are any records there.
dresswell

#13 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 06:30 PM

I'd suggest trash, re-drop the form, and re-save the page.

#14 dresswell

dresswell

Soho Dog

• Administrators
  • 3,411 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 31 December 2007 - 06:39 PM

Happy New Years lwyau,
I was wondering if he had any records
in his data base tables,
The last 2 or so people i have helped here
if they did not have any records it would not make
the first one.I have no idea why.Once they made a new
record everything was good.
dresswell

#15 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 07:15 PM

Happy New Year to you too!

You are no doubt correct! These are two new tables, aren't they?

#16 durostd

durostd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 05:05 PM

I will work on your suggestions and post the results. Thanks for all the support. Happy new year!

#17 dresswell

dresswell

Soho Dog

• Administrators
  • 3,411 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 01 January 2008 - 05:09 PM

Have you done what i said in post #12.
If so what did you find there?
dresswell

#18 durostd

durostd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 06:02 PM

I am running v4.9.2 r17. As suggested, I verified that the form_fields and form_properties existed for all forms developed. I deleted all versions of my form and also deleted the page it was inserted on. I recreated the form and it saved properly. I recreated a page and dropped the form onto the page, saving the result. I then added the page back to my menu. Finally, I opened the website and clicked on the menu item containing the form. The result I got was the same as before. All that displays is the following:

CUSTOM FORM OBJECT
The object should be centered on a row alone with no objects left or right of it for optimal display

E-mail to: Durostd@earthlink.net

I also went back and verified that the new form existed in form_fields and form_properties

#19 dresswell

dresswell

Soho Dog

• Administrators
  • 3,411 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 01 January 2008 - 06:10 PM

Simple question are you giving the fourm a name?
dresswell

#20 dresswell

dresswell

Soho Dog

• Administrators
  • 3,411 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 01 January 2008 - 07:30 PM

Ok i was in and found your problem.
Your permissions are not set right in the
root Directory (public_html) it is set at 750
Should be 755 0r 777
Do you know how to change it in your c panel?
dressell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users