6 replies to this topic

#1 khokies

khokies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 12:58 PM

Can someone take a look at coldharborantique.com again? On the home page the last line in the first paragraph seems to have an extra line. Then after the table there appears to be an extra line or two. Also, on the 'Tour' page, that last line seems to have an extra space before it. I paid careful attention, and I did just let the text wrap, I did not hit an enter key or anything. Thanks.

#2 jaxpa

jaxpa

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:01 PM

Hi,

From what I can tell this looks to be related to the formatting of the text that you have used as apposed directly to Soho itself (although I could be wrong, it is known to happen :ehheh: )

Did you enter the text directly into the text editor or did you cut and paste it from and editor like MSWord or similiar, as quite often these sort of programs will have all sorts of additional behind the scenes formatting which can effect the way things display.

#3 Net Solutions NA

Net Solutions NA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 12:28 AM

khokies,

If what Jaxpa describes may have happened when you were setting up the site then check out this post on how to resolve the issue.

~NSNA
Net Solutions North America, LLC.
http://www.netsolutionsna.com

#4 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 02:44 AM

When you enter a block of text followed by an "enter", the text editor creates a paragraph for the block of text. Unless you have special provisions in the style sheet, the paragraph is usually rendered with a trailing double spacing and appears to have a blank line separating it from the next block of text.

Some times after you've done some editing, it is conceivable that you would leave an empty paragraph behind, which makes it appear that there are two blank lines separating two blocks of text. You can see them when switch to HTML mode as "<p></p>"s.

Personally I prefer using "ctrl-enter". In this case, the text editor generates a simple line break. Yes, I need to do "ctrl-enter" twice to create a "paragraph" break, but I do retain total control on how line spacings myself.

#5 NST Inc Designer

NST Inc Designer

• Moderators
  • 210 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 10:47 PM

Yes (shift+enter isn't it?) is the proper way to make a single line break. Paragraph tags (just enter) also have their place in well-formed html code.
Soholaunch Templates by tim burroughs

#6 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 01:11 AM

You are absolutely right and I stand corrected -- It is "shift-enter", of couse!

#7 NST Inc Designer

NST Inc Designer

• Moderators
  • 210 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 03:49 AM

No need to stand Leh-Wen! :)

The only reason I mention the wonderful <p> tag is because I use them routinely in my CSS.
Soholaunch Templates by tim burroughs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users