• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 tony

tony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:00 PM

I'm also a newbee and having a hard time with this. I would like to edit and move the header text around in a template, but there are no options to change anynthing. The only option is to go in the Template Manager, click on the Settings tab and then there's a space for Website Header Text. which previews as regular text at the top left side of the page template. You can't move it or change the size or color. Can any one tell me if it's even possible to change this and how?

#2 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:24 PM

You'll need working HTML knowledge to work on the template HTML file and .CSS file. How deep do you want to get into this?

#3 tony

tony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:32 PM

You'll need working HTML knowledge to work on the template HTML file and .CSS file. How deep do you want to get into this?

Any thing that works.......I just need to move the header text, size and may be color.......if you can hale I would seriously appreciste it

thanks lwyau

#4 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:43 PM

You'll have to post the template you are using and exactly what you want to do with the header text.

#5 Blues

Blues

If 6 was 9

• Moderators
  • 771 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:15 PM

Hi - Been trying to figure out the exact same thing today. A solution for half the problem I found is to add the following code

<span style="color:#000080;" face="verdana,geneva"><h5>Description</h5></span>

Changing to your own choice of color and font - highlighted in blue.

Description being the second part of the welcome to...

Works but how can you alter the Welcome to.. bit?

Am using CORPORATE-Reflect_Success-none template.

url is
:uh:
Life, n.:
A whim of several billion cells to be you for a while.
Our Lighting Store

#6 tony

tony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:38 PM

Hi - Been trying to figure out the exact same thing today. A solution for half the problem I found is to add the following code

<span style="color:#000080;" face="verdana,geneva"><h5>Description</h5></span>

Changing to your own choice of color and font - highlighted in blue.

Description being the second part of the welcome to...

Works but how can you alter the Welcome to.. bit?

Am using CORPORATE-Reflect_Success-none template.

url is http://www.atmoslighting.ie

Thanks for taking the time but have no idea what that means. I just inserted that code and absolutely nothing happen.....unless there some thing else to that code

#7 tony

tony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:39 PM

Thanks for taking the time but have no idea what that means. I just inserted that code and absolutely nothing happen.....unless there some thing else to that code

By the way, what is CORPORATE-Reflect_Success-none template ???

#8 tony

tony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 12:14 AM

You'll have to post the template you are using and exactly what you want to do with the header text.

keep posting the link but it's not showing up

#9 tony

tony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 12:17 AM

I want to move the text on the left that says "appointmentsetter.ca" over to the right and I would like to change the size, color amd font face on it.

http://www.appointme...nosessionkill=1

#10 Blues

Blues

If 6 was 9

• Moderators
  • 771 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 09:19 AM

Tony

Go to the shopping cart - display settings. Now paste the code into the empty space that is allowed for adding to the "welcome to" Save it and check your site - works on mine.

<span style="color:#000080;" face="verdana,geneva"><h5>Tony's website</h5></span>

CORPORATE-Reflect_Success-none template is the template I use if you go into template manager you should find your template there.
Life, n.:
Our Lighting Store

#11 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 12:58 PM

I want to move the text on the left that says "appointmentsetter.ca" over to the right and I would like to change the size, color amd font face on it.
http://www.appointme...nosessionkill=1

You need to modify the template file found here:

sohoadmin/program/modules/site_templates/pages/REAL_ESTATE-Got_The_Jacket-none/index.html.

You have two ways to do the modifications: 1) Download it to your computer, change it, and upload it back; or 2) Go to cpanel > file manager and navigate to that file and edit. Obviously you want to be careful, and it is prudent to keep a backup copy on your computer in case it gets messed up.

Once you open that file with an editor, look at lines 49 and 50:
<td align="left" valign="top" background="hdr-bg.gif" class="pound_logo"><font color="#CCCCCC" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">#LOGOIMG# 
      #LOGO#</font><font color="#CCCCCC" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><i><br>
Changing align="left" to align="right" moves the logo text to the right. Changing font color="#CCCCCC" to another configuration changes logo text color (here is a reference to html color codes: http://www.w3schools...html_colors.asp.)

Now look at lines 8 and 9:
.pound_logo {
font-size: 22px;
Adjusting 22px to a larger number accordingly changes the logo text size larger.

#12 tony

tony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 04:10 PM

Tony

Go to the shopping cart - display settings. Now paste the code into the empty space that is allowed for adding to the "welcome to" Save it and check your site - works on mine.

<span style="color:#000080;" face="verdana,geneva"><h5>Tony's website</h5></span>

CORPORATE-Reflect_Success-none template is the template I use if you go into template manager you should find your template there.

Thanks a lot.....it seem like this has no effect on changing the text at the upper coner of the template.

#13 Blues

Blues

If 6 was 9

• Moderators
  • 771 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 04:59 PM

No Tony - if it works for you it only styles the input text for the second part. I have not figured out how to alter the phrase "welcome to" - which must be housed in one of the shopping cart files.
Life, n.:
Our Lighting Store

#14 tony

tony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 05:41 PM

No Tony - if it works for you it only styles the input text for the second part. I have not figured out how to alter the phrase "welcome to" - which must be housed in one of the shopping cart files.

Thanks man.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users