64 replies to this topic

#21 Mike Armas

Mike Armas

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:45 PM

There are a few way to do this.

You can add 4 rotating images in the plug-in to anything you want. That will change the header image. But there is a one more image you need to change. In the template manager you can change out "Template image". You have to change the header image in there also to your first image you pick in the rotating images in the plug-in. If you don't you will always see my template image for a few sec when the page loads.

I did this so IF a user doesn't want to use the rotating images they don't have to. They just change that one image in the "Template image" under themplate manager and there done.

I try to make it so the user has the power to do what they want. I don't want you to have to do it my way. And that changes all the time i have users sending me ideas all the time. And all the updates are free.

To change the background.

You can do this in 2 ways. In my plug-in you can change the background color. BUT i have found out that some hosting site this doesn't work. And on others it does i still don't now why. But you can still change to background to a color useing a image.

To change the background to a image you have to go to the template manager again and click the "Template image" so you can change the background to any image you upload to your soho account. So make a image of the color you want to use and upload. Then just change that background to the new image and your done.

If it's a patterned background you can add the image as a background. Then go back to the plug-in and you can set the image to repeat or do a lot of other things. I want to give you the power to do ANYTHING you want.

If you have a idea to make it better tell me i am alwasy adding new things.

The most customizable templates for soho and the top selling template on soho addon site. Read the reviews and All UPDATES are free. Also the only plug-in that lets you edit templates with out programing.
Free Demo | username = demo | Password = demo
Also take a look at a map where all my customers live. Google Map
The All new SuperBasic 6.0 is out works on Pro and Ultra also Soho-CSS-Editor-1.4 the only plug-in that lets you edit soho template. You also will want to get the new Soho-Backup with Dropbox
Soho-Backup with Dropbox | Soho-CSS-Editor 1.4 | SuperBasic 6.0 | Soho-CSS-Editor-1.0 Demo

#22 babbaleon

babbaleon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:42 PM

Thanks again Mike, your response is certainly unbeatable!! I am going to purchase the Superbasic template now. I am also interested in the flash pack - what is in those files? Are they flash images? Thanks again for all your help.

Catherine

#23 Mike Armas

Mike Armas

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:05 PM

The Flash Pack is a addon to MA_SuperBasic. The SuperBasic has flash header text that overlays the header image. You can use the plug-in to change the text words. But thats all you can do.

This Flash Pack 1.0 does is add new flash files to pick from. If you want to use other color for the text i would have to edit the flash file. With the Flash Pack i have made 11 flash files to pick from defrent color text. Also the next step is to change the way the text displays. Right know it just zooms in and out. Thats all nice but again i am all about giveing you more options. So the next update might change it up a bit and do some other things with the flash. What i want to do is make a css editor for the flash can let you all pick what colors and font you want to use. But it's easyer said then done.

As time goes on the price will go up BUT all updates will be free. So for $10 great because it might go up to $15 or $20.

The most customizable templates for soho and the top selling template on soho addon site. Read the reviews and All UPDATES are free. Also the only plug-in that lets you edit templates with out programing.
The All new SuperBasic 6.0 is out works on Pro and Ultra also Soho-CSS-Editor-1.4 the only plug-in that lets you edit soho template. You also will want to get the new Soho-Backup with Dropbox
Soho-Backup with Dropbox | Soho-CSS-Editor 1.4 | SuperBasic 6.0 | Soho-CSS-Editor-1.0 Demo

#24 Mike Armas

Mike Armas

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 05 June 2008 - 05:16 PM

NEW 2.9

The new MA_SuperBasic 2.9 lets to change background color or add image to the content and the sidebar. So you can have 3 colors or mix it up and really have a cool layout web page.

I also add a image to the bottom on the content so you can add a image to all page at the bottom of your content.

I also re-name all the image that can be change using soho template image. So now you can see what the image will change be for doing it.

You can update by going in to your soho account and download the new 2.9 and install the template then the plug-in.

#25 Mike Armas

Mike Armas

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:49 AM

The new 3.0 is out a customer has asked me to add Atl text to the image on the template. Well I have added atl tags to the sidebar images only. You can add the text in the plug-in under the Template Images Tap.

For me to add the footer and header image atl text will be in the next update. It not working yet and might have to do a new Rotator image code.

I also fixed a bug in the flash for the cart.

Keep giveing me idea i will keep adding it.

#26 matt420

matt420

• Moderators
  • 673 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:10 AM

hi mike,did updating change,i use to be able to just unzip,then there would be two folders-ma_superbasic and plugin-ma_superbasic,now when i click on ma_superbasic to install,it shows the files inside this folder

#27 Mike Armas

Mike Armas

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:09 PM

You are right i zipped it up worng. I have fixed it and it's 3.0.1 the zip files still says 3.0 but the template and plug-in are zipped now.

Thank you Matt i do like my customers there the best they keep me in line.

#28 matt420

matt420

• Moderators
  • 673 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:28 PM

thanks mike,everythings good now and all the updates are great

#29 kmakpres

kmakpres

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 10:59 PM

Having just recently bought this template I wanted to add my 2c. So far as someone very limited in my abilities I have found the template to be fairly easy to modify and Mikes willingness to help is fantastic. I am looking forward to using this template for a long while and am considering adding the flash add on.

Thanks Mike

Thanks, Dan

#30 kmakpres

kmakpres

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 02:57 AM

I am also having trouble finding this option

The new 3.0 is out a customer has asked me to add Atl text to the image on the template. Well I have added atl tags to the sidebar images only. You can add the text in the plug-in under the Template Images Tap.

The closest I can come is to the edit paragraph tab where you can add a link to the end of the paragraph below the picture, not the same as alt tag in my mind.

Thanks, Dan

#31 kmakpres

kmakpres

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 03:14 AM

As long as I'm here, someone mentioned further up that they could not access the flash file plugin on the demo site. I cannot either and as per this

I have added 13 more flash files to pick from. You can go to my demo site to test it out.

we should be able to. The problem being as I see it is that the password does not allow access to the manage plugin option, which is where I would presume the flash files to be located to look at.

Thanks, Dan

#32 Mike Armas

Mike Armas

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 29 December 2008 - 05:05 PM

This is option is where you pick the sidebar images. Then you can add a alt tage for each image.

If you can't find it you can email me your username and password for your site and i will be happy to take a look and see whats worng.

I am also having trouble finding this option

The closest I can come is to the edit paragraph tab where you can add a link to the end of the paragraph below the picture, not the same as alt tag in my mind.

#33 Mike Armas

Mike Armas

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 29 December 2008 - 05:10 PM

The Flach Plug-in doen't have any options to change. What the flash addon does it just added more flash file for you to pick from in the Superbasic plug-in. Where you can edit the flash there is a drop down where you pick all the flash files. If you don't order the Flash addon there are no files to pick. If you do there will be 13 file to pick from.

As long as I'm here, someone mentioned further up that they could not access the flash file plugin on the demo site. I cannot either and as per this we should be able to. The problem being as I see it is that the password does not allow access to the manage plugin option, which is where I would presume the flash files to be located to look at.

#34 kmakpres

kmakpres

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 07:01 PM

The Flach Plug-in doen't have any options to change. What the flash addon does it just added more flash file for you to pick from in the Superbasic plug-in. Where you can edit the flash there is a drop down where you pick all the flash files. If you don't order the Flash addon there are no files to pick. If you do there will be 13 file to pick from.

I thought you said that this was accessable through your demo site to look at but it isn't. I haven't bought that add on yet but wanted to look at it and the only way to see what it does is through the plugin manager which the demo password won't let us access.

Thanks, Dan

#35 kmakpres

kmakpres

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 07:04 PM

This is option is where you pick the sidebar images. Then you can add a alt tage for each image.

If you can't find it you can email me your username and password for your site and i will be happy to take a look and see whats worng.

I am going to email my log on to you but wanted to try and clarify that we are talking the same images here. You are saying sidebar images, is that the same as the template images which are the first tag on the left side of the plug in menu?

Thanks, Dan

#36 Mike Armas

Mike Armas

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:16 PM

I fixed the atl tags for you.

The flash addon is on my demo site. If you go to my superbasic plug-in and then to the flash tab on the right. There is a drop down that lettes you pick form 13+ flash files.

That is what the flash addon does for you. If you don't have the addon you can only pick one files.

#37 Mike Armas

Mike Armas

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:24 PM

New 4.0 is out i have add a new side bar onthe right of the content. Go use the demo to test it out be for you order also all updates are free for life.

#38 Soren

Soren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:13 PM

New 4.0 is out i have add a new side bar onthe right of the content. Go use the demo to test it out be for you order also all updates are free for life.

Hi Mike.

I downloaded this yesterday and uploaded the plug in and the template to my web site (which is only in the design stage), it's here www.saferoads.org.uk.
If I change any of the options in the plug in and try to save those changes, the save doesn't work, ie when I try to put my own images in the header then press the save button, no changes are saved.

I have another new site that uses MA Superbasic 4.0 namely http://issi.me.uk and it seems to work OK.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

#39 dresswell

dresswell

Soho Dog

• Administrators
  • 3,411 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:16 PM

Check the soho version.
Sounds like a fresh install.
You may need to update the one thats not working.
dresswell

Free Soholaunch Hosting
Soholaunch Pro or Soholaunch Ultra Free with Hosting.
Check out our soholaunch hosting if your tried others

and were disappointed with your host or there support.
Get the help you need to build your website today.

Now offering a 99cent 1st. month Trial Offer.
Easy Website Maker

#40 Mike Armas

Mike Armas

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 29 March 2009 - 11:24 PM

Hi this sounds like the blogs need a reset. Some times the blog doesn't like some text if it's not English. Go in the plug in and just enter 123 is each of the blogs and the blog titles this does a reset.

the blogs don't like special characters don't use ' or " it really doesn't like it.

Hi Mike.

I downloaded this yesterday and uploaded the plug in and the template to my web site (which is only in the design stage), it's here www.saferoads.org.uk.
If I change any of the options in the plug in and try to save those changes, the save doesn't work, ie when I try to put my own images in the header then press the save button, no changes are saved.

I have another new site that uses MA Superbasic 4.0 namely http://issi.me.uk and it seems to work OK.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users