• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Bayea

Bayea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:09 AM

I want to make my own custom template. I have downloaded "creating custom templates for SOHO written by Jaun Vincent Haasbroek.

Unfortunately with all the new Adobe product changes Adobe image ready had been intagrated into other products so i could not make heads or tails of the article. I am new at this web site design stuff.

where do i start. I have Adobe Creative Suite 3 including dreamweaver.

thanks

#2 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 01:29 PM

Supposedly adobe image ready is superceded by (macromedia) fireworks. I can't tell you how it works since I don't have it. However, the idea is to use the software slice a graphic design image into pieces.

#3 Bayea

Bayea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 08:08 PM

Im sorry but that made absolutely no sense to me.

#4 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 08:48 PM

Im sorry but that made absolutely no sense to me.

What I said is that Adobe discontinuted "image ready" because they acquired Macromedia who has a better product called "fireworks" that performs the same.

Either software is designed to "slice" a graphic design image into pieces as described in the document "creating custom templates for soho...". You can also do it manually in any decent image editing software such as Photoshop.

If you cannot understand what I stated here, perhaps you should engage a professional template designer to do whatever you want in a custom template.

#5 anijide

anijide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 03:33 AM

What I said is that Adobe discontinuted "image ready" because they acquired Macromedia who has a better product called "fireworks" that performs the same.

Either software is designed to "slice" a graphic design image into pieces as described in the document "creating custom templates for soho...". You can also do it manually in any decent image editing software such as Photoshop.

If you cannot understand what I stated here, perhaps you should engage a professional template designer to do whatever you want in a custom template.

Hello there,

I'm new to soho templating. I just finished building a template; however, I'm unable to edit this page when loaded to the soholauch system. Please note that I have all the required template variables, most especially the "#content#". What I'm not sure is the images name - are they to be saved in a certain format.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.

#6 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 12:05 PM

I just finished building a template; however, I'm unable to edit this page when loaded to the soholauch system. Please note that I have all the required template variables, most especially the "#content#". What I'm not sure is the images name - are they to be saved in a certain format.

Please expand on what you meant by "unable to edit this page". Were you having trouble edit your web pages (as in sohoadmin > open/edit pages) or you want to edit your template?

#7 anijide

anijide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 12:08 PM

inside sohoadmin > open/edit pages, I'm unable to edit the page. I see dotted line rectangular boxes all over the edit page screen.

#8 ash.whitehair

ash.whitehair

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:28 AM

You will have to use adobe photoshop instead of the adobe image ready program, it has all the same features.

Ash

#9 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 12:53 PM

inside sohoadmin > open/edit pages, I'm unable to edit the page. I see dotted line rectangular boxes all over the edit page screen.

Yes there are 3 x 10 "dotted line rectangular boxes" (called drop zones) on a page. You build your page by drag-and-dropping objects from the top of the page editor to the drop zones.

Read this part of the manual: http://manual.sohola...p=&lang=english.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users