4 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Morrison

Mike Morrison

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 05:50 PM

Hi All,

Welcome to my first attempt to start sharing our support ticket-inspired solutions with the rest of the class via the forums.

We got a support ticket where someone basically asked...

How do I change the color of the "Email this page to a friend" link? I've got a site with a black background and dark blue link doesn't exactly "pop" on to of it. I've tried controlling it with my template's custom.css file but there doesn't seem to be a way to "touch" that specific link.

If you're wondering the same thing, here's the answer: I've added an id=emailtofriend attribute to the <div> that contains the "Email this page to a friend" link, so it should be easy to control now by making a rule like this in your custom.css file...
div#emailtofriend a:link { color: #fff; }

Note that you won't be able to do this until you update to v4.9.2 r6 which we should be releasing by the end of this week.

#2 NST Inc Designer

NST Inc Designer

• Moderators
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 12:38 AM

Great work. Does this mean we can look forward to unique ids and classes for more elements such as login boxes, search boxes etc.? :) </wink></nudge>
Soholaunch Templates by tim burroughs

#3 GuardianHost

GuardianHost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 02:31 AM

Thought I would throw this one in in case someone wants to use different verbage and would like the email to a friend link on every page.

Stick this in your template where the link is to go:

#CUSTOMINC2#

Create an include page called:

includethis2.inc

Put the following code in includethis2.inc and stash it in your template folder.

<?php
##############################################
## GUARDIANHOST.COM SOLUTIONS                                          ###
##############################################

//get the name of the page to email if a valid email page
IF ($pr){
$pagelink = ($pr);

// Show the link to email someone this page if the page is valid
echo "[ <a href=\"pgm-email_friend.php?mailpage=$pagelink\">Send This Page To Someone</a> ]";
	}ELSE{
//Show Nothing
           }
?>

Replace "Send This Page To Someone" with the verbage you wish displayed.

Hope that helps!

-M

#4 Mike Morrison

Mike Morrison

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 05:36 PM

Does this mean we can look forward to unique ids and classes for more elements such as login boxes, search boxes etc.?

Definitely. I usually add these either when I'm in there messing with the html display of an element or on an as-requested basis when on our template guys such as yourself is having trouble touching a particular element with css.

Of course, we eventually want to have a much better, more css-controllable structure to all elements. But for now if there's one you particularly want just let us know (preferably via support ticket) and I'll usually be able to do something for you by the next build.

Thought I would through this one in in case someone wants to use different verbage and would like the email to a friend link on every page.

Nice! Thanks for posting!

#5 John Matthews

John Matthews

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:06 AM

I completely agree with the thoughts...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users