8 replies to this topic

#1 emerald-fairy

emerald-fairy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 10:44 PM

Hi everyone I just finished building my new site and shop using soholaunch.
I just picked a pretty simple template and dressed it up the best I could.
I love the shop part and it's great to showcase my fashions I custom make
You can Check it Out

www.enchanted-emerald-forest.com

Love & Light to all emerald fairy Lynn:heart:

#2 Kat

Kat

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:25 AM

VERY nice! You have done a great job!:ehheh:

#3 ianc13

ianc13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 11:48 PM

Excellent job, Very impressive design and site. :)
- ianc13 - Aus Health Info

#4 brianoz

brianoz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:47 PM

Nice site!

As far as Australian Google rankings go, you might be interested to know that you need to either host your site in Australia or use a .com.au domain to be listed in Australia searches. You're hosting with lunarpages and have a .com so you have neither of those at present.

Just a thought, hope it helps!

#5 emerald-fairy

emerald-fairy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:17 PM

Hi there once again, Thanks for the nice comments and for checking out my site. As for the .com.au. and being listed in Australia, Well I guess it's a bit late now but I do have listings in some directories and hopefully people will find me. Unless I get another host and another site, with the .com.au, but then that would cost me $100 or more per year just to have another server page to direct people/google to that site, I don't really know now brianoz, you ahve thrown a spanner in my works!!:hmm:

Love & Light emerald-fairy - Lynn

#6 brianoz

brianoz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 10:36 PM

You simply need to get your host to move your account to an Aussie server, or just get your own .com.au domain and add it onto your account. Most Aussie businesses use .com.au domains these days, unless your domain name is so long you're desperate to save a few characters!

But do remember - Google ranking isn't everything. Unless you have a "niche" business (which ranks well in Google already, or could do), or do a lot of internet marketing, I wouldn't worry about it too much until you get bigger!

#7 emerald-fairy

emerald-fairy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 10:55 PM

Hi Brianoz, thanks for the reply. I don't think I want to get bigger as I am a "one fairy band" and have enought work with Plus Size Fairy's looking for garden wedding dresses.
But I will think about registering the enchanted emerald forest.com.au for the future
I think I might have a "niche" market in Oz as many of the Medieval, Gothic, Fairy Dressmakers are in England Europe etc. so many do find me through google by my stats.
But I am always interested in marketing myself and have submitted to Australian Directories which bring in some as well. I have only had the web site since December so it's only been a few months.
Again thanks for taking time out to answer me
Love & Light :heart:
emerald-fairy - Lynn
your on-line sewing fairy ( not that you need one :rolleyes: )

#8 Asiadeep

Asiadeep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 06:47 AM

A very nice site I think. Its nice and simple and easy to load too. I'm currently viewing the site with an 800x600 resolution for checking and it all seems a bit spaced out. May I suggest that you size the tables to fit a 800x600 resolution, most people in offices still use this resolution.

#9 emerald-fairy

emerald-fairy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 07:05 AM

Thanks for visiting my site, I am sorry I just went with their template and made it as pretty as possible, so I don't know what to do to fix that...here is a funny one for you..What's tables?? I am good at sewing but computers hummm I guess I just wing it!! I would like to know though, I like to learn new things
Thanks Love & Light emerald-fairy -Lynn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users