_userimg- not working

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 NST Inc Designer

NST Inc Designer

• Moderators
  • 210 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 08:21 PM

I'm having trouble editing the logo image in my template. I've used the _userimg- prefix on the image name and that seems to work because the template editor picks it up. The problem is when I try to change the image to anything within the editor it doesn't save the changes. The message (half cut off at the top of my screen) says "image settings saved" but still the default image appears.

Maybe permission issues?? Any help is greatly appreciated.

V4.9 r56.1

#2 Ruben

Ruben

www.Sohotemplates.com

• Moderators
  • 584 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 12:12 AM

you are using _userimg-filename.jpg right? _userimg- prefix does not work. do you see also the template image link in the template manager?
Ruben
Visit www.sohotemplates.com for your Soholaunch templates
High Quality StockPhoto's ! www.microstockphoto.com
Looking for High Quality Flash files? check Flashden!

#3 NST Inc Designer

NST Inc Designer

• Moderators
  • 210 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:16 AM

Yes I have the Template Manager>Template Images screen. The editable images show up with an edit button below them. When I change the image to another within the drop down list and hit "save" I receive a message "image settings saved" but the image has not changed at all, either within the template manager or the website itself.

#4 Ruben

Ruben

www.Sohotemplates.com

• Moderators
  • 584 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:23 AM

hmm, thats strange indeed. first of all, upgrade to R58.1 maybe that helps.
Ruben

#5 NST Inc Designer

NST Inc Designer

• Moderators
  • 210 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 02:53 AM

Not a big issue. I was just trying to test out the _userimg- function so I could add it to my latest template. I'll add it anyways being that it shouldn't effect the operation of the template.

Hopefully it's just a permission issue on my part. ;)

#6 NST Inc Designer

NST Inc Designer

• Moderators
  • 210 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 02:00 AM

hmm...upgraded to r58.1 and now the images in the template manager change when saved. Still no change on the front-end however.

#7 rw

rw

Soho Novice

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationPottsville, NSW, Australia

Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:20 AM

My problem is similar, but not quite identical. I can swap out the images and the correct images and they display in the Template Manager perfectly, but nothing shows on the front end - just a square with a red cross in it! When I go back to the Template Manager I can select Edit User Images and my selected images are still there. They just won't show on the template!

#8 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:23 AM

Post your url so folks can take a look at the source code.

#9 rw

rw

Soho Novice

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 04:42 AM

This is a test site not yet delegated by you can see it at http://74.54.176.66/~barbjp.
I am trialling Soholaunch to see if it will suit a client's needs.
Thanks for any help you can offer. I will email you separately about some other requirements that involve custom programming.

#10 rw

rw

Soho Novice

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 07:46 AM

I actually fixed it myself thanks Leh-Wen Yau. You triggered an idea so I checked the HTML source and, sure enough, the problem was the location of the image files. It appears all the images you want to display have to be in the template .zip file - or is there another way to get the template code to look in the main images directory? In the selection screen, it shows the files in the image directory, but it would only actually display files that are in the Template folder, as per the path in the template file.

This might trap others too, so it would be nice to clarify it properly. The Templates tutorial doesn't mention this issue.

I'd actually prefer to reference files in the Images folder, because then my client can upload new images whenever she wants. I don't want to give her access to the Tempates folder.

#11 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:29 AM

That is not the way it supposed to behave...

The original _userimg file needs to be in the template's folder. The substitute images, however, are selected from the "images" folder, where all images uploaded via sohoadmin > file manager are stored.

What is your soho build? You may want to update to the latest build if you are not already there.

#12 rw

rw

Soho Novice

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:06 AM

Thanks. Seems my build is 4.91 r7. When I change the image, the message appears _userimg-house1.jpg->image_paperwork.gif and the new image is displayed in the Edit screen, but the change just doesn't seem to register in the template. When I go back to the template the old image is still displayed and the source code still refers to the old image.

#13 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 12:23 PM

The current build is v4.9.2 r17. You are quite a bit behind...

#14 rw

rw

Soho Novice

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 12:04 AM

Thanks. I am just using what my host supplied because it auto-installs with Fantastico. As I'm only trialling, I'll persist temporarily. If we proceed my client will buy and at that point I will have to figure how to install the later version.

#15 Ruben

Ruben

www.Sohotemplates.com

• Moderators
  • 584 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 02:51 PM

version v4.9.3 r1 has been released now, so i recommend upgrading to that version.
Ruben

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users