• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 alinhnguyen

alinhnguyen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 06:22 PM

I am new to this forum so my questions maybe simple.
My hosting provider offers us some predefined Soho templates to use. However, I would like to change the picturs, logos, colors, layouts.. of these templates. Thru the template editor, I can not change these above. I can only change the title and some slogan...
How can I edit a Soho template and customize it with my own design ?
Thanks in advance,

#2 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 08:47 PM

Here's the document you want to read:

http://wiki.soholaun...ustom_Templates

#3 kmakpres

kmakpres

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:33 AM

That article and information is good if I want to start from scratch and develop a custom template. But what if I am not quite ready for that yet and just want to adjust one of the templates in soho. What if I want to set the size of a template, or set it to center in the browser. Soho offers very little in the way of doing those things without starting clear over.

#4 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:09 AM

With all templates, soho or otherwise, a working knowledge of HTML is needed. The changes you want to make (centering and size) are probably straight forward, but subject to the constraints built in the template. The document is still very much relevant in terms of soho-specific considerations.

If you don't want to deal with HTML, post changes you want and your url. I'm sure we will help you out if those changes are simple enough to make without complications.

#5 sinclair

sinclair

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:22 PM

Is download the templates files and images.

Then I edit in FrontPage until I get it like I want. Then I upload back into a new folder that I create in correct directory for site templates (don't have that path right this minute).

I only know enough html to play around with and do some very minor adjustments if I have to. Otherwise rely on FrontPage to do it. This has worked well for me.

YOu do have to name your new template folder exactly like Soholaunch likes with hyphens, etc. in correct places.

#6 kingtut0_3

kingtut0_3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:00 PM

With all templates, soho or otherwise, a working knowledge of HTML is needed. The changes you want to make (centering and size) are probably straight forward, but subject to the constraints built in the template. The document is still very much relevant in terms of soho-specific considerations.

If you don't want to deal with HTML, post changes you want and your url. I'm sure we will help you out if those changes are simple enough to make without complications.

Hi;
My name is chuck and the template I am using is: corporate> a curvacious mark(blue).
My questio is how hard would it be to center the menu bars. That is the only change I want to make.:ehheh: I hardly know any html. I am willing to learn but I need step by step help. :) Or if someone was to have time to go and help me out and make the changes for me I would be forever greatful.:)

My site is: www.serenityindooroutdoorfountains.com

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Chuck

#7 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:58 PM

Change line #21 (or thereabout) of this file: sohoadmin/program/modules/site_tempates/pages/CORPORATE-A_Curvacious_Mark-Blue/index.html

from
<td background="vmenu-bg.jpg" class="pound_vmenu">#VMENU#</td>
to
<td background="vmenu-bg.jpg" class="pound_vmenu" [COLOR="Red"]align="center"[/COLOR]>#VMENU#</td>

#8 kingtut0_3

kingtut0_3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 04:23 PM

Change line #21 (or thereabout) of this file: sohoadmin/program/modules/site_tempates/pages/CORPORATE-A_Curvacious_Mark-Blue/index.html

from

<td background="vmenu-bg.jpg" class="pound_vmenu">#VMENU#</td>
to
<td background="vmenu-bg.jpg" class="pound_vmenu" [COLOR="Red"]align="center"[/COLOR]>#VMENU#</td>

Hi;
Thank you for the quick reply.

I have one more question, and that is: Where do you go to get that file, I am fairly new with soholaunch. :ehheh:
Please help.

thanks in advance.

Chuck

#9 Snipe

Snipe

• Moderators
  • 260 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 04:50 PM

Hi;
Thank you for the quick reply.

I have one more question, and that is: Where do you go to get that file, I am fairly new with soholaunch. :ehheh:
Please help.

thanks in advance.

Chuck

You can find it here..sohoadmin/program/modules/site_tempates/pages/CORPORATE-A_Curvacious_Mark-Blue/index.html
When I was young my aunt's and uncle's would poke me in the ribs at weddings saying " Your Next, Your Next" They stopped doing all that crap when I did it to them at funerals...

#10 austdata

austdata

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 01:20 PM

I'm building a web site for a Basset Hound breeder and using the ANIMALS-HI_Lil_Fella template. I've not yet decided which colour to make the site or if I might not use several.

However I need the dog in the top left to be a Basset. Is there a single place that image can be changed or does it need to be changed for each template colour?

If I do other sites for breeders and exhibitors I'll need to be able to change it as well.

Cheers,

Mike

#11 lwyau

lwyau

a soho enthusiast

• Moderators
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 03:01 PM

This particular template does not provide much customization other than the logo text.

You can, of course, modify the template file and its component found here: sohoadmin/program/modules/site_templates/pages/ANIMALS-Hi_Lil_Fella-Blue/index.html.

The dog image is hdr-left.jpg. Replacing the dog is actually a little involved because you need to preserve the background and the dimension. Be prepared to do some photoshop work :)

#12 austdata

austdata

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 03:07 PM

Thanks Leh,
I wasn't sure but thought it may be like that. I did one in Irfanview and it looks sort of okay. I'll just have to make sure I keep it in a very safe place.

Cheers,

Mike

#13 kaine

kaine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:41 AM

Hi the template i have chosen is extras-purple and in the site builder it says you can change the pictures on the home page which i have done but it is not reflecting on the actual website. Any ideas why this would be
thanks kaine:uh:

#14 austdata

austdata

Soho Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:58 AM

G'day Kaine,
What I've done, is created an image that duplicates the one from the template (but it is s different type of dog) and named it the same as the original image (hdr-left.jpg I think), renamed the original (say hdr-left-OLD.jpg in the template folder) and then copied my new image into the template folder (as well as keeping the new image as a spare).

This way each time you build a new page, it will use your new image and if you update Soho, it will overwrite your new image and you can copy it back to the template folder from the spare you kept.

Hope that makes sense, I've had a string of late nights and should be asleep now.

Cheers,

Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users